A Foreign Place for Irino Miyu Part 1

Requested by minalin_sky

(A/N: Bold words- they are talking in English) i know that this is English, but yeah, let's pretend that they are speaking in Japanese if its not in bold 😁✌
~

Irino Miyu stood outside the room with a nonchalant expression, but his heart was bursting with nervousness. He was invited for a Japanese-English language exchange by a friend he met in two of his classes. However, that said friend would be late since he still had class.

He could see people inside, talking to each other. Japanese people speaking in English, non-Japanese people speaking Japanese. Then people were coming in and out of the room, just looking at him, not even inviting him to go in. They were so young compare to him, he thought.

He felt overwhelmed, and was unsure if he could blend in with them. He could; he had an outgoing personality after all, but because he had just arrived in this foreign land, he didn't know if he could do it. Furthermore, his English was still not polished and he is already in his last year of his 20s. In addition to the fact that back in Japan, he is a famous seiyuu and a stage play actor, he was afraid that someone might recognize him. So far, only one person knew about it and fortunately, he wasn't that much interested in male seiyuus. Yes, that said friend who likes Hayami Saori, and that friend knew Irino because he voiced the role of Hayami's character's partner in "Koe no Katachi".

"New in here?" Irino turned around and saw you, wearing (color) shirts, jeans, and a (color) (brand of shoes) standing with curious, smiling face "Ah, Japanese?"

"Y-yeah..." you chuckled from his response

"Don't be nervous" you told him "Let's go inside, or do you want to hear how things work here first?"

"Your Japanese sure is good" he commented, making you blushed from his genuine comment "Yes, please. I was invited by Joshua, but he will be late. I'm Irino Miyu"

"Oh, you are his friend. I see, Irino is the name? Or Miyu? Do you prefer being called by your last name? Or do you want the same thing here where we use a first name basis?"

"First name basis will do. You can call me just Miyu" he responded.

"Nice to meet you, Miyu. I am (F/N). Well, we call people here by their first name, and as you know here in this country, we really don't care much about the ages, so I really don't mind if you lower your speech to me." He frowned in curiousity by what you meant, making you chuckle, "I am actually old enough here. I mean, I am already 26. (let's pretend that you are)" you chuckled again then continued explaining. "So, let's talk about how things work around here. You will be in a group, consisting of native Japanese and Japanese learners. For the first 40 minutes of the activity, it will be in English; then there will be a 10-minute interval; lastly, there will be 40 minutes in Japanese." You explained as he listened attentively "There are times that Japanese is first, then followed by English"

"What are we going to talk about?" He questioned.

"Well, there will be various things to talk about. Japanese learners will be divided into the beginner, the intermediate, and the advanced level. Then native-Japanese will be put into different levels. If you feel like teaching them, you will be put on the beginner level. For the other two levels, it's up to you on what topics you are going to talk about. But of course, you need to introduce yourself. Today for sure, it's basically about introductions since there are lots of newcomers. During February and March, there are lots of newcomers."

"Will it be fine? I don't know anyone." he asked as he peeked again inside the room.

"You will be fine. We do this so that new students will adapt easily here and of course, to find new friends. We also do outdoor activities, karaoke parties, movie nights, those kind of things." you informed him and assured him again "don't worry, you will be fine"