More Sweets for Okamoto Nobuhiko Part 1

Requested by cerrinexinfinity
Name requested too.. ^^
~

Slowly, she put the last topping of her masterpiece. She couldn't help but love her own work.

"I'm really a genius!" She giggled

"Yes, yes, Mizuki-chan, hurry up and put your cake on the countertop. Yours is the only one that isn't there" one of her female senpai told her.

Kou Mizuki answered and blushed, admiring the cake she baked. She carried her cake and got out of the kitchen, but immediately returned when she saw lots of customers lining up

"Nanase-senpai, Impossible!" Mizuki told her senpai and the other kitchen staffs laughed at her

"Well, that's expected from Kou-chan"

"You are a shy person after all. A different person though while baking"

The two head pattessieres commented.

"I'll bring it out then" a male co-worker volunteered himself

"Yuya-kun, thank you!" She cried and handed her cake to him, but seriously told him "please handle it with care. I know that we are competing now."

"I know, I know. Don't worry, I won't do anything." He assured then brought her cake outside.

"But, Kou-chan, if you want to study in France, make sure to get used talking to customers" Amano, one of the head pattessiere, told Mizuki.

"But... Amano-senpai, I am fine working inside the kitchen." She retorted

"But still, you need to get used to people" Evan stated, the other French head pattessiere.

Kou Mizuki is working as a pattessiere in a cake shop in Tokyo. She's been working since she graduated from university, and baking was just a passion of her.

A month ago, their manager told them that she would choose two pattessieres and give scholarship to study in France. Along with Mizuki, there were five more pattessieres in total who wanted to go and so to decide who would go, they will make an original sweets every week for two months, and the two who would get the highest sale and review would go.

However, the two lowest sale during first month will not advance. They would just make their cake when a customer asked for it.

One more thing that their manager think of was to ask the customer to suggest name on the cake, so that they would buy them. The one who suggested the name that will be chosen, will have a free cake for a week made by the pattessieres themselves. Furthermore, the chosen names of the two highest sales will have a month free cake from the cake shop.

Its the first week and they were asked to make a cake. Mizuki made a very appealing chocolate cake, with dark coating, and some fruits inside of it. Everytime the cake is sliced, a hot fudge chocolate would drip down on the side. One more thing what she liked to what she did, was the changes of taste from the outer layer to the middle layer and the bottom layer, and the taste would blend in when eaten all together.

"Mizuki-cham, by any chance, did you think of a name for the cake you made?" Nanase asked curiously

Mizuki grinned and proudly blurted "Questory!"

。。。

"Why are you looking at me like that?!"

"Kou-chan, that's... uhm... so lame name" Amano commented, in which everyone who heard it thought the same

"If you eat that cake, you will feel like you are inside of a story, trying to clear a quest; like fighting dragons, pirates-"

But because she continued her imagination, the others retreated, leaving her alone.