EXO - Baekhyun

I raked my hand through my hair in frustration, scrunching my eyes to prevent the tears from falling. "Do you think I'm stupid Baekhyun? I see the way you look at her, I know that smile."

He reached out his hand, desperate to catch me. "No it's not what you think!"

I shook my head refusing to let his words convince me otherwise. Too long had I ignored the signs, too long had I overlooked the obvious. "I don't believe you, at first I thought I was imagining things but now I know how much you really care about her."

"Y/n I love you, only you." Baekhyun's voice was but a whisper. "Please..."

Every ounce of my being wanted to run into his arms, and tell him that I believed, that our love was enough.

But that would be a lie.

So instead, I turned around and walked out the door. As soon as I was out of sight I let the tears fall.

~*~

For the next couple of days all I did was think about him. Was he as devastated as I was? Is he with her right now? But more importantly, was this really the end of us?

I decided to call him, he picked up on the first ring. "Baekhyun, I think we should talk."

"Me too." He replied eagerly.

"I believe you love me Baekhyun, but what I don't believe, is that you don't have feelings for her. Like I said, I see the way you look at her. And you know what? It's the same way you used to look at me." And every word of what I said felt like a punch in the stomach.

The line was silent for a moment and I thought he hung up. "Y/n..... I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm so sorry."

And I knew deep down he was telling the truth so I decided to give him one more chance. "I know. I think we should take a break until you sort out your feelings."

"Ok."

Wrong answer.

~*~

It wasn't all his fault. Our relationship had been going downhill for a while, and to be completely honest it wasn't the healthiest either. But one thing I did know was that I love him, or loved him. So when I drove over to his apartment and knocked on his door I knew exactly what I was going to say.

He answered the door with his signature smile and welcomed me in. Although I had been here hundreds of times I felt so out of place.

"So I've done some thinking over the past couple of days," I started.

"I have too."

"And I think we shouldn't see eachother anymore." I blurted out.

"But I want to be with you." Baekhyun said with his eyes full of emotion.

"But you had to think about it Baekhyun! I never had to question my feelings for you, I always knew." I responded raising my voice. "I want to be your first choice!"

"Please!" He begged. "I'm sorry."

"Don't make this harder than it has to be!" I cried out.

And with that I walked towards the door.

"I love you." He said, making a last ditch effort to keep me from leaving.

It was enough to stop me for a moment. To make me contemplate if this was what I really wanted, but in the end I willed my legs to move.

"Goodbye."

-
-

So I rewrote this. Sorry for the angst, I'm in a rlly angsty mood. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!! Also I'm sorry if there's any mistakes I wrote this at 1:00am and I'm too lazy to proof read.