MONSTA X - Kihyun

It had been a busy couple weeks leading up to my sisters wedding. I was in charge of securing a reception hall and creating the menu. Finding the right hall turned out to be not difficult whatsoever. The difficult part I soon discovered, was the food. Due to money issues I had to make the desserts, excluding the cake of course.

I didn't realize how screwed I was until I burned the first 2 batches of brownies and the 3 just, didn't taste right.

I started to panic as the special day was approaching fast and as a last resort called my best friend Kihyun over to help.

"Oh thank God you're here!" I exclaimed and ushered him inside. "I have to make cupcakes and brownies and-"

"Relax y/n we'll get it done." Kihyun interupted placing his hands lightly on my shoulders. "What am I working with exactly?"

"Well I still have some boxes of brownie mix left that I didn't destroy." I answered apologetically. "Other than that I'll have to go to the store."

"Ok I have some recipes of my own so I'll write down a list of ingredients and you go pick it up ok?"

"Ok." I was starting to calm down and think clearly.

"In the mean time I'll start on the brownies. Don't worry, everything will be ok." Kihyun said reassuringly.

I smiled in return and got my list ready. Thankfully it didn't take long to get the supplies needed and head back. When I arrived back at my house the smell of freshly baked brownies greeted me.

"It smells really good in here!" I shouted as I entered the kitchen.

Kihyun turned around and grinned. "I've been working my ass off so it better smell good in here."

I placed the bags on the counter and walked over to the trays of cupcakes. "Looks good."

"Yep, and it only took me one try." He teased, nudging my shoulder.

"Oh shut up!"

"Ok but on a serious note we still have lots to do. Get the ingredients out and I'll tell you what to do first."

I obeyed and grabbed the items, bringing them over to him. It took me a little while to understand what he was doing but eventually I got it.

We had been working side by side for 2 hours when I started to get distracted. Baking was boring and I found myself staring at Kihyun. He was unconsciously chewing the inside of his cheek with his head tilted to one side. Kihyun was so engrossed in mixing than he didn't notice me reach my finger up to his cheek and wipe batter across it.

He immediatly stopped and glared at me. However I could tell he was struggling to surpress a smile. "Y/n don't waste the food." Kihyun scolded.

"Sorry." I pouted, continuing to stir.

After a minute I felt something wet touch my cheek. "Yah!"

I turned to face Kihyun and he was clutching his stomach, laughing. 

"You butt!" I said laughing as well. I grabbed a huge glob of batter and threw it at him. Kihyun realized too late and it splattered across his chest.

He grabbed the bowl and dug out a handful as well. I tried to escape but I felt the soggy material hit the back of my head and slide down my back.

We continued to throw batter at eachother until we had ran out. As I looked around my kitchen I couldn't believe the mess we had made. Batter covered the counter tops and floor. Some of it was splattered across cabinets and the wall.

"Don't worry we'll clean this up." Kihyun assured, grabbing towel and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said, accepting the towel.

I began cleaning my face and then the counter. We had really made a mess. The batter was really stuck (no pun intented) on good. After a couple minutes of scrubbing I turned to grab anther towel only to find Kihyun staring at me.

"What?" I blushed, leaning my head to the side.

"Uh nothing." He dimissed, blushing slightly.

I continued to scrub for another minute before I felt something soft touch my cheek. It took me a moment to figure out Kihyun had kissed me.

"What was that for?" I asked, resting my hand on my cheek.

"Isn't is obvious?" He responded with a goofy grin.

"No."

"Why do you think I agreed to spend my night baking with you?"

"Because you're a good friend?" 

"No because I like you y/n. More than a friend." 

I smiled brightly. "This is probably the part where I tell you that I like you too."

Kihyun chuckled and went back to cleaning. After about a minute I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Ok what was that for?" He asked expentently.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said with a grin.

-
-

Requested by katringpotato I'm sorry this took so long to write I have no excuse. I hope you like it!

Don't forget to comment and vote!