MONSTA X - Changki

"Changkyun! Hurry up we're going to be late, again!" Kihyun shouted from the doorway, tapping his foot impatiently.

Changkyun shoveled the rest of his breakfast into his month and threw his plate into the sink. He yanked his backpack off the counter causing multiple things to fall. Changkyun paused, contemplating picking it up but then decided against it. Getting scolded by his mother was better than detention.

He met Kihyun at the door and they raced to school. Luckily for them, they made it just in time.

"Honestly Kyun, you need to be ready on time." Kihyun nagged, leaning on the locker next to Changkyun's. "That's the third time this week, and it's Wednesday."

"What are you my mother?" He grumbled, shoving his belongings into his locker.

"Haha very funny." Kihyun replied making a face. "Come on the bell is about to ring."

The pair walked to their 1st period class bickering like an old married couple.

Despite what they may seem like, Changkyun and Kihyun were best friends. They had been since the 3rd grade; Changkyun 'accidently' hit Kihyun in the head with a soccer ball during recess. Kihyun had burst into tears and had to be brought to the office for ice. Instead of leaving him, Changkyun stayed with Kihyun until recess was over. After that, the two were inseparable.

"Ki, are you going to the school dance on Friday?" Changkyun whispered, glancing over at the teacher to make sure he was preoccupied.

Kihyun felt a blush creep across his face. Luckily, from the way he was seated Changkyun couldn't see. "Um I don't know. I haven't thought about it much."

That was a lie. For the past week all Kihyun did was think about the dance. He wasn't planning on going, but that didn't mean he didn't want to. Kihyun wanted to go with the right person, he just wasn't so sure the 'right person' would want to go with him.

"OK just wondering."

"Changkyun and Kihyun! Please refrain from talking in my class. You don't want a detention, do you?" Mr. Choi said sternly.

"No sir." They replied in unsion.

"Good."

-

"So, are you going?" Changkyun asked once again, grabbing his lunch and heading to a table.

"What?" Kihyun gave a puzzled look.

"The dance, are you going." He repeated. "If so who are you going with?"

"Maybe, I uh, I don't know who to go with." Kihyun mumbled. "Are you going with someone?"

"I don't know. I thought about asking Mina but lately I've wanted to go with someone else."

Kihyun's heart stopped. "Who?"

Changkyun smirked. "It's a secret."

"Fine, I won't tell you who I want to take."

Changkyun merely laughed and continued to eat. "OK."

-

The day of the dance was approaching fast and Kihyun was starting to panic. He had yet to ask anyone and to make matters worse Changkyun was going to ask someone today.

It was obvious to everyone that Kihyun had an enormous crush on his bestfriend. However, Changkyun seemed to be oblivious. This proved to be problematic everytime Kihyun tried to drop hints. Even though it was killing Kihyun to know his bestfriend (and crush) liked someone else, he still acted like nothing was wrong.

On the way to school, Kihyun noticed Changkyun was acting strange. He was very nervous and couldn't seem to concentrate on whatever Kihyun said.

"Did you know Hoseok and Hyungwon broke up? I couldn't believe it, they were together since freshman year." Kihyun said, attempting to make conversation.

"That's great." Changkyun responded after a moment, staring at the ground.

"What? Kyun are you even listening?" Kihyun scolded.

Changkyun looked up at his friend. "Uh sorry, I zoned out."

"Aish."

"Hey Kihyun, we've been friends for a long time and..." Changkyun trailed off and bit his cheek.

"And?" Kihyun gave him a puzzled look.

He wiped his hands on his jeans and glanced at Kihyun. "And... and you're the bestest friend I've ever had."

"Um ok. You're the bestest friend I've ever had too?" Kihyun said, unsure of how to respond.

The rest of the way to school was just as ackward and Kihyun became concerned for his friend. Why was he so nervous? Was it because he was asking someone out today? Yes, that makes sense. I'd be nervous too.

When the boys arrived at school Changkyun grabbed Kihyun's arm. "Ki, I need to ask you something."

Kihyun was sure he was going ask for advice about what to say to the girl (at least he assumed it was a girl) he was asking to the dance. He was already losing Changkyun to some stupid girl, and he wasn't about to contribute to it.

"Um I uh, I actually have to meet a teacher right now. Shoot I'm late. See you later." Kihyun dashed away from Changkyun and into the school.

He proceeded to hide in an empty classroom until classes started. Which was only 10 minutes.

Kihyun avoided Changkyun as much as he could but at lunch he had to ask the question that was eating him alive.

"So have you asked the person you wanted to ask yet?" Kihyun blurted out.

Changkyun gave a nervous chuckle. "I've been trying all day but they keep avoiding me."

"Oh." He sighed, unsure if this news was relieving or simply made Kihyun more bitter.

"Hey Kihyun, do you want to go to the dance with me?" Changkyun asked anxiously, biting his bottom lip.

"Sure. Wait, what?!" Kihyun gawked. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because I like you, obviously."

Kihyun was still stunned. He had been avoiding his best friend all day, for nothing. And, to top everything off Changkyun liked him.

"Y-you l-like me?" He stuttered, blushing furiously.

"Oh my god Ki, do I have repeat everything for you?" Changkyun teased and poked Kihyun's shoulder.

Kihyun smiled. "Yes, that would be nice."

"Kihyun, I really like you and I was wondering if you'd go to the dance with me."

"Of course I'll go. And for the record, I really like you too."

Changkyun breathed a sigh of relief. "I had this whole speech planned out but everytime I tried to say it I lost confidence and-"

Kihyun kissed his cheek and smiled. "You were really going to do that for me?"

"Yes." He replied sheepishly.

Kihyun laced his hands with Changkyun's and the pair grinned at one another.

"So what are you doing after school?" Kihyun asked shyly.

"Nothing important." Changkyun responded. 

"Do you want to go somewhere, with me?"

"Kihyun are you asking me out?"

"Maybe." Kihyun mumbled, averting his eyes.

Changkyun smiled brightly. "Then yes."

-
-

Requested by Rivaille34 sorry for taking so long to write it. I hope you like it!

Next up Mark and Leo requests!