39. Bound Together

39. Bound Together

-----------------------------

The bright light flashed and I soon found myself in the middle of a field.

Where am I?

I look around and then see a tree.

I walk closer to the tree and then stop.

Under the tree sat a girl. A girl that looked just like me...but...well..cleaner...her skin was flawless. She wore a baby blue sun dress and then she looked up at me and smiled.

"Maya..." My eyes widened and she stands up and stops right in front of me. She was so beautiful...so so beautiful tears spilled out of my eyes.

"Maya....we couldn't leave each other...Our souls we're bound together... I loved you... and hated you for years..." I felt my eyes get hot "...but you were apart of me..." I smile and then the sky turned grey.

I look up and then look at Maya. She smiles the brightest and most dazzling smile I have ever seen, a tear falls down her cheek and I reach out for her but she disappears into the wind.

I stare at the spot she was previously in and took a step back. I started to sob.

FLASH!

I pulled the lever and felt myself being sucked into something.

I then stood in between something.

What is this?

I stood in the middle of something. I looked around and my eyes widened in realisation.

There was a dark side and a light side.

Beyond and Life.

I walked over to the Life side.

There I could see the black sun. Not far away from there was Hikaru, on the floor, hugging his knees.

Living.

Feeling.

Being in love.

"I love you, Miya..." Hikaru cries into his knees

Growing old.

"I love you."

So many things I still have to do.

I take a step back and walk over to the beyond side.

The other side.

Another world.

Becoming the wind... The stars, the universe...

Being with Maya and those i've loved forever.

I took a step back and stood in the middle.

I looked at both sides and cried. What do I do?

Maya.

Hikaru.

I stop the tears and wipe them away with my sleeve.

I know what Maya would say in this kind of situation and I quote....

'It's not your time yet.'

I look over the other side and start to walk backwards into the life side. Everything felt as if it were going in slow motion as I stepped into the life and looked back at the other side.

"I love you Maya."

FLASH!

I pulled the lever down and felt the life get sucked back into me.