37. Our Only Chance

Dedicated to katefehan, You're amazing baby! xx

37. Our Only Chance

-----------------------------

"Miya~!" McGrath says mockingly and chuckles. "Finally awake now I see?" He smirks.

I try to break the straps, but my hand just limply falls back and my head falls back against whatever K was strapped onto.

"Let me...go...you...old geezer...cock sucker." I try to yell out loud but instead they just sounded like whispers.

"That's not very nice." The wrinkly geezer took a step closer and smirked.

"We...had a deal..." I say as I try to lift my head up.

"Yes yes I know." He rolls his eyes and pushed his 'hair' back.

"There's...nothing...there to push...back...you stupid...old motherfucker." I spat on his suit.

He jumped back and growled "You little bitch!" He strides up to me and chokes me.

"Sir...remember we can't kill her." A man in a black suit and black shades says and McGrath lets go of me.

"You son of a bitch...why don't you...just...kill me." I say in between coughs.

"Heh!" He scoffs "Well you see Miya. We can't let you go, and we can't kill you either, we don't know what you're capable of on the other side. We have injected you with a neuro-acid. Meaning we'll put you in a permanent coma. Exactly like we did to your mother. A simple and elegant way to put and end to our...collaboration." He smirks.

"Fuck...you, you pepperoni...nippled...nark." I wasn't thinking straight and just said what came to my fucked up mind first and he chuckles.

"Say what you have to say. This will be the last time anyway."

"They're going to find me." I say confidently and he turns around.

"Goodbye Miya Holmes. We will always be...grateful, for your help." He pushes the door open and then.

Blackness.
.
.
.
.

I flutter my eyes open and see Nathan in front of me. His eyes bloodshot red.

"Nathan..."

"Miya...You opened my eyes. It was so obvious, but I didn't want to see..." He says as he slowly walks up to me.

"Help me Nathan." I whisper.

"I'm going to accomplish man's oldest dream. Nobody will have to die anymore. No one will ever be separated again." He says almost insanely.

"What are you...what are you talking about?" I say.

"The containment field...I'm going to deactivate it. The Infraworld will spread through our dimension. Life and death united in one world." He smiles wickedly.

"It's not just...souls on the other side...It's death." I say and he shakes his head.

"I've beaten death, Miya! Everything is going to be just fine. You need to trust me. Everything...is gonna turn out fine."

His voice trails off and he walks out.

Blackness.

.
.
.
.

I hear a small thump and whatever I was strapped onto shook slightly "You're too weak Maya...Find something else." I wait for a little bit but she was taking too long. "Get help. Hurry..."

~~Hikaru~~

"It's been two hours. Where could she be?" I panic and start to pace back and forth.