Chapter 37

(Suggest reading chapter 36 if you forgot where I left off. I know it's been awhile since I updated. It's currently 5:14am. Most likely going to start the next chapter. Thank you for all the love and support you've shown me. It means a lot. Hope you enjoy this long chapter. Love you all ~ An Emotional Person)

Skylar POV

"Gabe, put me down," I whined as I was looking down his back from over his shoulders. "No," he mumbled before continuing to walk down the beach. I looked up to see we were getting further away from the house and further away from the people on the beach.

I was finally placed down and I looked around to see we were in a isolated area away from the music and people. I looked at Gabe who was in shorts with an unbuttoned shirt.

"Why did you pull me away from-"

"Because we need to talk and I wasn't going to let you kill them," he cut me off not bothering to give me a glimpse.

I shook my head even though he couldn't see me since I was standing behind him. "I wasn't going to kill them. I was just going to badly hurt them. That's all," I admitted.

He hummed in response and didn't say anything.

"Talk to me. What's wrong?" I asked walking up next to him.

He then shook his head, "Nothing. I just want to apologize about this morning. I know I shouldn't tackle you and be mad at you but -"

"Seriously bro? That's what you want to say sorry about. I thought it was something serious but I do get where you're coming from. I don't know but this morning was just...weird. I was also angry but don't know why. I guess it's because we had a rough mission," I shrugged.

"I guess," he mumbled as he turned to look at me. His eyes then trailed down to my neck and I saw he was looking at the necklace. "I see Lucifer gave you gift already," he smiled.

My eyebrow rose, "You knew about this?" I asked and he nodded. "He only showed me this piece though. He said there was another part to it but didn't show me," he spoke with a bit disappointment.

A grin made it's way to my face. I covered the necklace with my hand then moved it revealing the shining star. I watched as Gabe's mouth dropped in shock. "My dude outdid himself," he spoke in shock and I nodded.

He placed his hand over necklace then removed it only for the star to still be there. "It only works for me," I teased as I covered the necklace with the palm of my hand then moved it to see the star was no longer there. Gabe let out a scoff, "Show off."

I flipped my hair and nodded, "I know."

"Whatever. Let head back to the party," Gabe grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the house before I could reply. We made it back to the house and looked around for Lucifer.

"Hey!" a voice shouted behind me over the music.

I turned to see Axel shirtless with a drink in his hand. "Hi!" I chirped with a smile.

"Lucifer had to go take care of some business for the rest of tonight so you wouldn't see him till tomorrow or today since it's already 2am," Axel shouted.

Piece of me felt sad Lucifer was gone. I thought tonight was suppose to be our night. It was just suppose to be us. "Hey, don't be down. He'll be back later. Come on, dance with me," Axel shoved his cup towards some random guy before pulling me towards him.

He spun me around and we started to dance to whatever music was playing. "Night, we're going to get totally fucked up," he laughed over the music.