Chapter 4

I giggled to myself as I swung higher on the swing each time. Lucifer thought bringing me to the park would somewhat make me feel better and he was honestly right.

I swung as high as I could and felt the wind blow my hair back then forward blinding me. I eventually stopped swinging and fixed my hair. I walked across the park to where Lucifer was just sitting down on the bench.

"Someone looks like they just had their time of their life" he smiled as I sat down next to him. I nodded my head and smiled.

"Thank you for bringing me here" I stated. He kissed the side of my head, "No problem Princessa".

"Want some ice cream" he asked looking over to the ice cream truck that was by the entrance of the park. A smile rose to my face causing him to laugh.

"I'll get it. Just stay put" he chuckled as he got up.

"I want -"

"Vanilla with rainbow sprinkles. I know" he shouted as he walked off.

I shook my head and looked around the park. It was mostly filled with toddlers and children up to the age of 6 to 7. I watched as a mother stood at the top of the slide with her 2 year old while the father was at the bottom of the slide.

"Come on Lacey. You can do it" the father cheered his daughter on. The toddler tugs to her mother's dress but her mother just smiled and cheered her on as well. She eventually let go of her mother's dress and slide down the slide.

He father snatched her up at the end of the slide and spun her around. A smile was of course plastered on my face. A beautiful family.

A phone started to ring and I looked around the park to see it was Lucifer. He was across the park by the ice cream truck. This higher sense of hearing is crazy. I could pick up conversations far away.

"Yo" he answered the phone.

"You still going on the business trip tomorrow or no" Axel's voice came threw the phone.

"No. Cancel it. I don't want to leave her like this just for the business" he stated. I'm guessing this her was me.

"Alright. I'll drop by later. See you then" Axel responded.

"See you" Lucifer stated before hanging up.

He shoved the phone in his pocket and took the two ice cream cone from the guy.

He shouldn't have to cancel his trip because of me. Sure I may have just rose from the dead...ha. That's something I thought I would never say but still, he shouldn't have to. I'm perfectly fine.

"Here you go Love" he smiled handing me my ice cream. I thanked him and took it from him.

We ate our ice cream in silence and then headed back home.

"So business trip huh" I asked turning to look at him.

"You heard" he replied looking at me and I nodded. "I want you to go" I smiled.

The car came to a full stop on the long stretch of road. "What? No" he quickly responded.

"Lucifer, I'm fine. You shouldn't have to just drop something because of me. I really want you to go" I kept smiling.

"Sky, I would drop everything I have if it meant keeping you" I stated.

I grabbed his hand and our fingers intertwined. "I promise, I'm fine. If anything happens, I will just call you" I reassured him.

He let out a sigh, "I know but that's not the problem. The trip is for 3 days and I would be off grid" he informed me.

"So no contact at all?" I questioned and he nodded. "It's just dangerous for anyone to be a risk" he spoke.