1. Chapter That's what friends are for

Start from the beginning

With shaky hands, he grabbed his scotch glass and took a sip. Maybe a bit of work would distract him but the other question was if it would be a good idea to get to the New York office right now on Nathalie's birthday.
He had promised her a few days ago that he wouldn't work on the 14th of April and.. a loud knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. Logan looked at the door and a slight smile scurried over his lips.

"Hey Logan, Rory said you were in here. Can I come in? "Finn asked. "Hey Finn, come in. This is a surprise. Scotch? "Logan asked, glancing at his friend.

"Sure," he nodded, walking into the office and closing the door behind him. "Let me guess Rory called you, didn't she?" Logan continued and gave him the second scotch glass into his Hand.

"Yeah, she's been pretty desperate and you're not looking very good either. Bad sleep?" Finn looked serious at his mate as he sat down with him on the Couch.

"I didn't sleep at all I don't think. It's just so hard, and then this morning I had a big fight with Rory because she was acting odd about Norah. She talked about her like..like she's already dead.
Can you imagine how I felt after that?", Logan told him and feeling the tiredness slowly spreading in his Body.

Finn sighed and tried to find consoling words. "Logan I can't and won't imagine how much it hurts when you're losing a child. I don't know how I would react if something terrible happened to my kids.
But we can't turn back the time Mate. As hard as it sounds, you have to leave the past behind you to look forward." Finn tried to console his friend and looked at him with a worried expression.

Logan didn't know what to say. In his case, he wanted to get up, grab his bags, and start a new life somewhere else.
However, another place wouldn't help him to escape his problems. Running away wasn't a solution and he couldn't leave his family in the Lurch.

"Logan?" Finn said to him. "Today I was really close to losing my nerves." Logan began to speak with a deliberate voice and looked uncertain at his friend.

"What happened exactly?" Finn asked.  Logan took a deep breath.

"My favorite photo of Norah, which I always carry with me slipped out of my pocket and because fate can be an utter asshole Nathalie picked it up from the ground.
The next moment my heart stopped almost when she asked me why I got a picture of her in my pocket.Then I panicked and took the photograph from her hand.

But unfortunately, it was torn in the middle and I was so angry with myself.I mean Nathalie couldn't know that she had a twin sister who looks exactly like her.
I'm really a miserable father Finn. Today is her birthday and I'm, behaving like the biggest idiot." he continued, took the photo from the desk drawer and pushed it across the table.

Finn didn't have a suitable answer, took the photo and had to swallow loudly.
Sometimes it seemed to him as if it had only happened yesterday when Logan had called him.

October 14, 2010

"Hey mate, how is it going? It's good to hear from you." Finn greeted him with a wide grin as he sat with Rosemary and their 8-month-old son Liam in the living room.

"Finn I don't know what to do. Norah has been kidnapped.My precious daughter kidnapped. The police have been in our house for hours now and they have gotten the FBI involved.
God..please come as fast as you can, before I go nuts .. "Logan blurted out and Finn was shocked.

His beautiful god-daughter Norah Emma Katherine Huntzberger was in the hands of a madman.

"I'm coming, don't worry.." Finn replied immediately, stood up from the couch and walked up and down the living room.

"We're at home Finn, and thanks for coming over," Logan answered him, and could hardly hold back his tears. The fear of never seeing his daughter again squeezing any remaining air from his lungs.

"Ok, I'll get there as fast as possible and Logan please stay calm," He asked him and noticed how his wife looked at him "I'm trying the best I can do..." Logan whispered.

"I'm on my way. Don't worry alright?!" Finn finished the talk and sat down next to his wife on the Couch.

"Finn, what happened?" She looked questioningly at her husband as she strokes her sleeping son gently through his dark hair.

"Logan and Rory need me now. Norah was..."His voice was shaking.
Rose moved closer to Finn, reached for his hand and tried to read something in his blue eyes.

"What happened to Norah? Please, Finn, tell me!", she begged him one more time.

"She has been kidnapped, Rosie. This beautiful, baby, my little goddaughter kidnapped. I have to go before Logan goes nuts", he informed her and Rosemary couldn't believe it. Who could do such a terrible thing to a small Baby?

Logan looked at his absent friend and wanted to know what was going on in Finn's head. "Mate? Finn is everything alright?"

"Sorry, what did you say?." Finn apologized, looking at him with a crooked smile. "Not so important, but what's on your mind?"

"I thought about October 14th, 2010 and I often think of Norah and hope she is doing well, no matter where she is. I still miss her and Logan you need help.
I won't allow you to collapse like you did a few years ago. A therapist would help both of you. Please try it, because I don't want to lose my best friend." Finn said and looked hesitantly at his friend.

Logan knew that Finn was right. "I'm scared Finn; although I know that fear shouldn't be my constant companion.
Rory has also changed over the years, and the quarrels that we had over the last fourteen years haven't helped our marriage.
But I don't want to lose her. It would destroy me if Rory took the next step and wanted a divorce.
I love her so much and still manage to hurt her even though I don't want that." Logan said in a low voice,

"Mate you don't need to be afraid. I, Colin and Robert are there for you and no matter what it is you can always come to us. We won't let you down.
If you want, I can accompany you and Rory to your first therapy session, unless you want to talk about it with Rory before you make the next move. But as I said I would advise you to consult a therapist," Finn encouraged his friend and give him a soft squeeze on his shoulder.

"Yeah you're right and I'm really glad to know you by my side.
You're one of the best friends I've ever had in my life so far, and I thank you for that.", Logan agreed with a slight smile and knew that he really needed the help of a therapist or psychologist to prevent the disintegration of his family.