Missing

Blaine awoke to an empty bed. He sat up abruptly when he realised the man who had fallen asleep in his arms was missing.

He jumped out of his bed, throwing the covers down and running through to his living room where he found Melissa lying on their couch, watching the tv.

"Have you seen Kurt?" Melissa jumped at the sound of his voice.

"No, I though he was with you?"

"He was!" Blaine cried, running into the kitchen before coming back into the living room, "He's gone!"

"Maybe-maybe he had to go to work?"

"He would have left a note."

Melissa frowned, "Maybe he... forgot?"

Blaine scoffed, turning and leaving the room and opening his front door.

"Blaine! Where're you going?"

"To find Kurt!"

"You haven't got any clothes on, idiot."

Blaine groaned, closing the door and sliding down against it, "I screwed up."

"How did you screw up? He was all over you last night."

"I scared him off." Blaine closed his eyes, dropping his head down into his hands, "I was being too much. I sang him to sleep, for God's sake."

"I mean, I don't know about him; but I would love that."

"Shut up, M, not now please."

"Ok, sorry." She chuckled, "Why don't you just call him?"

Blaine's eyes snapped open and he seemed to be frozen for a couple seconds until he suddenly jumped up, ran forward to hug her tightly and whispered, "You fucking genius."

And then he left, leaving behind a shocked Melissa who shrugged and turned back to the tv.

Blaine burst through his bedroom doors, looking around his room before finding his phone on his nightstand and unlocking it quickly and finding Kurt's contact.

He waited no more than 2 rings when Kurt picked up, "Hey, Blaine I'm-"

"Kurt! I'm so sorry. Oh my god, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I-I- please don't leave me. I can fix this. I can-"

"Blaine? What're you talking about?"

"I was too much. I shouldn't have sang to you last night or-"

"I loved that, Blaine." Kurt smiled, "I'm sorry I had to leave this morning. I- honestly I had to do some thinking."

"Thinking? About what?"

"About us. Look, I know we have a past. A past that I can't remember." Kurt sighed, "And I just thought that, as much as I love getting to know you, I just feel as though you're holding back? Because- i don't know, maybe you know things from our past?"

"I- yeah, there's quite a few things. Um, we were fucking in love, Kurt."

Kurt let out a shaky breath, "I'd like to know what we went through. I- I'd like it if you could tell me."

"Of course! Well, I don't know where to start really. I guess-"

"No! Blaine, I-" Kurt broke off laughing, "I was thinking maybe we could do this face to face? I feel like it's something that might take a while."

"Oh." Blaine paused, "Yeah, I think you're right. Do you wanna come over to mine or-"

"Do you mind coming to mine? I just, it sounds stupid, but I'd prefer to be somewhere I feel completely safe."

Blaine sighed, trying and failing to not think about the fact that Kurt doesn't feel safe in his home, "Yeah, sure. When should I be there?"

"Well, I don't have anything to do today. So, you could come round today anytime if you wanted?"

"Yes! I mean, sure. Yeah, I'll get dressed and, uh, come to your house."

"Great."

"Yeah. Great."

They both sat there for a while, just listening to the sound of each other's breathing until Kurt finally broke the silence with a laugh.

"Someone is gonna have to hang up."

"Bagsy not me!"

"Bagsy? Really, Blaine. What are we? 7?"

"Well, I'm 7 and a half."

Kurt laughed, "Dork."

"Well, are you gonna hang up?"

"Oh, you want me to hang up? Well, maybe I will. And maybe you just shouldn't come over today."

"Fine! Maybe, I won't!"

They fell silent again before both began laughing loudly.

"Okay, I'm actually gonna hang up now because I have to clean up if you're coming round."

"Oh god, yes. Please do. I can't stand being in a messy house." Blaine rolled his eyes.

"Exactly. So, goodbye Blaine. I'll see you soon."

Blaine laughed, "See you, Kurt. Love you."

And the line fell silent, Kurt having ended the call and Blaine continued to sit there with wide eyes and his phone still held to his ear.

He dropped his phone and attempted to fall backwards onto his bed, instead falling onto the floor, cursing on his way down.

Rubbing at his head, Blaine groaned and stumbled to his feet, grumbling to himself, "Love you? Love you? Oh my god! Idiot." He slapped his forehead, "He's probably so freaked out now I just- idiot!"

Ok, hello? Does anyone remember this fanfic? I actually can't remember how it went so I had to read through it all again and OML it's terrible. How it's got 21k reads I'll never know. But I'm just gonna try spam the last 5 chapters (including this one) over the next week. Because I'm going on my summer holiday soon and I'll be gone in Portugal and Australia so I might not be able to write. I'll try obviously. But I might not be able to :(

And hey, if you somehow missed all of my self promos. Go follow Double_The_Klaine and read mine and Klaine1305 's collab fanfic. The prologue and the 1st chapter is up and we're hoping to post every Wednesday!