I'll Always Choose Him

"You knew didn't you."

"Knew what?"

"You knew that I knew Blaine. And you know how I knew him as well, don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Mercedes fell backwards onto Kurt's bed and let out a long sigh, "I had no clue you knew Blaine."

"Yes you did!" Kurt glared at his best friend, "I can tell when you're lying. And you're lying now."

"Fine. So maybe I did know."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I thought you'd be better of forgetting about him."

"Why on Earth would I be better off forgetting him?"

"Kurt, I'm sorry. You don't have to shout."

"Sorry 'Cedes." Kurt sighed, "I just feel like I need to know more about him. It's weird, but it's like I have some sort of connection with him."

"Yeah, weird." Mercedes laughed awkwardly, "I'm kinda thirsty can you go get me a drink?"

"Sure, lazy." Kurt rolled his eyes before making his way out of his room.

"I just- I miss the time when I actually meant something to him, yah know?" Kurt froze at the voice coming from the living room. What was Blaine still doing here?

"You still mean a lot to him, kid." Kurt frowned as he listened closely to his dad's and the mysterious-boy-from-his-past's conversation.

"I doubt it. He doesn't even remember why he knew me. I guess I just, god," Kurt edged closer to the living room door while Blaine paused in his sentence, "when I first met Kurt I never knew he'd end up meaning this much to me. He's, like, the most important person in the world to me and he hardly knows me."

Kurt frowned. Why were they talking about him?

"It's sad how you were such a big part of his life and now you're just gone. He felt the same, yah know? I remember him telling me how important you were to him. But I dunno, kid. I think you should move on. Have you tried dating anyone else?"

"No. I'm not even gonna try. He's the only one for me. I'll choose him over and over and over. Without a doubt. It's always gonna be him. " Kurt tried hard to conceal his gasp as he sank to the floor. It all just kept piling up. The song in glee. The conversation after glee. And now this.

"Even when he's a big shot and getting married in New York? And you're back here or wherever you wanna go. What'll you do then, kid? Just sit around being lonely and just waiting for someone who'll never come back?" Kurt let his head fall against the wall as he closed his eyes. He was just being plain stupid if he couldn't see what all of this meant.

"I'll still choose him. I don't want anyone else. It's him or no one. I don't care if he is getting married to someone else. I'll still wait for him. I'll still keep choosing him." Kurt gritted his teeth. What did he come up here for again?