5 Years later

*5 years later*

"Oh my god, Kurt. Guess who's going to  meet Blaine Anderson?"

"I don't know, Kate, why don't you just tell me." Kurt sighed.

"Me!" The blonde squealed, "And I have one extra ticket."

Kurt glared at the girl when she waved the ticket in front of his face, "Who're you gonna bring?"

"You!"

"I don't wanna go, take someone else."

"Why not? What do you have against Blaine Anderson? You've never seemed to like him."

"Long story." Kurt rolled his eyes.

"I have time."

"Why don't you take Anna?"

"She's busy then."

"What about that guy you're seeing? What was it? David?"

"His name's Nathan." She laughed, "And I wanna take you."

Kurt sighed frustratedly and turned to face his laptop.

"Come on, Kurt!" The girl whined, "I don't wanna take anyone else! You're my bestie! And who knows? Maybe you'll finally meet someone-"

"Okay, shut up!" Kurt groaned, "I'll go with you."

Kate clapped her hands excitedly, Kurt's bed bouncing as she jumped up and down on top of it, "Oh, this is going to be so awesome!"

"Are you sure you're 21 and not 13?"

"Positive. Now, come on, we gotta plan our outfits."

And that's how Kurt ended up spending the night sorting through his closet for matching clothes.

-_-_-

"Hi Kurtie!" Kate grinned.

"Hi Katie!" Kurt mocked.

"So, I was thinking-"

"That's dangerous."

"Shut up. So, I was thinking about our conversation yesterday and I realised that you decided to come when I mentioned you meeting someone."

"Do you-"

"Which made me wonder: are you finally looking for a boyfriend?"

"No, I'm-"

"Aw, come on! You haven't had a proper relationship in, like, 4 years!"

"It's been 3 years, actually."

"You've been counting, haven't you?"

"No-"

"Yes you have, don't lie."

"I'm not lying. I'm just aware that today is the day that my fiancé broke up with me 3 years ago."

"He was hardly your fiancé."

"Considering the fact that I proposed to him and said yes, I'm pretty sure he was my fiancé."

"Well, yeah. He was technically your fiancé but I don't think you could call him that. I mean, he hardly ever spoke to you and when he did it very quickly led to-"

"Can we please not talk about this?"

"Oh, yeah. Sensitive topic. Right, sorry."

"Okay, so can I go now?"

"I guess. But you're sure you're not looking for a special someone?"

"No, I am not. And nor will I ever be. I want my 'special someone' to find me."

"Wha-"

"Hanging up now." Kurt rolled his eyes as he ended the call before turning back to his tub of ice cream and pile of romantic movies and allowed himself to further wallow in self pity.

Short chapter, I know.

Does anyone have and fanfic recommendations? Cos I really wanna read something but I can't find any fics that I haven't read 😹 oops