Hurting

"I-I think I knew Blaine before my-my accident."

"What? Really?" Mercedes tilted her head.

"Yeah, I think I-I think I knew him before," Kurt paused, "Before the, uh, the accident."

"Why would you- You obviously knew him because he came to our school before your accident." Mercedes shook her head, "But why do you think he was in your dream?"

"I don't know." Kurt frowned, "Maybe I'm just over-thinking things. I probably didn't know him."

"But then why was he staring at you while he was singing?" Rachel questioned, joining their conversation.

"I don't know!" Kurt threw his hands in the air, "Look, I'm really confused right now and I think I should just, uh, just head home."

"Kurt, wait. I'm so-" Rachel pouted.

"No. It's fine." Kurt shook his head before walking out of the door.

-_-_-

"Blaine!" Kurt waved at the boy straddling a motorbike.

"Hey." The boy greeted, head dropped as he stared at his hands on the handle bars of his bike.

"Are you okay? You were like cryi- umm - you were staring at me before." Kurt winced at his slip up. He didn't want to upset Blaine.

"Yeah, and?" Blaine finally looked up, "I told you that you were the only other good looking guy. Why wouldn't I be staring at you?"

"Okay, well. Why were you crying then." Kurt tilted his head. Blaine was already upset. It didn't matter.

"I wasn't cr-"

"Yes you were. Don't lie. I was there."

"Ok maybe I was." Blaine muttered.

"Why were you crying though? Are you okay?" Kurt frowned at the worried tone in his voice. Why was he so worried?

"I'm fine." Blaine sighed, "No. No, I'm not fine. I'm not fine at all. I just want this to be a dream. Well, it's more like a nightmare. But I-I just want to wake up with you in my arms again and for this whole thing to be all over. But right now it feels like we never even happened." Blaine rubbed a hand over his face, "Did we happen? If what we had was real then wouldn't you remember? Well, I suppose you did get in a car crash. But still, was it all just a lie? I remember yesterday Nick said that love hurts. But he was wrong. Love doesn't hurt. Rejection hurts. Loneliness hurts. Losing someone hurts. I just-"

"What are you talking about?" Kurt asked, interrupting Blaine.

"Oh. I, uh, I-I just." Blaine froze, he'd forgotten Kurt was there, "I just, uh, I gotta g-go."

"Wait!" Kurt called but Blaine shoved his helmet over his head and shot out of the parking lot, "Blaine."

Kurt sighed and scratched his head. What was that about?

"Kurt, you okay?" Mercedes called as Kurt collapsed onto the floor in shock, "What's wrong." She asked as she reached the boy.

Kurt sat on the floor as the pieces began to slot together. Waking up in his arms? Loneliness? Rejection? Losing someone?

"Kurt?"

"Mercedes." Kurt finally looked up to his best friend, "I think I dated Blaine Anderson."