Different

Blaine had felt incredibly uncomfortable ever since he sat down. He should probably be enjoying himself and be more grateful, not everyone gets an interview with Ellen DeGeneres but Blaine never wanted this.

"So, Blaine. I hear you write songs?"

"Yeah, I write a few."

"Can you sing one for us?"

"Uh, I- I don't have my guitar."

"Oh, that's okay. You can use one of ours."

"But-"

Blaine could feel himself beginning to sweat. He didn't want this. He didn't do this. He's hated performing in front of large amounts of people ever since he was young. And now he was about to perform on TV.

"What song are you gonna be singing for us?"

"I, uh, I guess I could sing 'Stutter'?"

"I guess you could!" Ellen laughed.

Blaine sighed once he'd finally been sorted with a guitar and was now stood on a mini stage.

Blaine took one more glance at Ellen in the hopes that she'd change her mind, before beginning to play the song he knew so well on his guitar.

Remember that time?
When you wouldn't talk to me?
You wouldn't talk to me
All night

Blaine remembered writing this song. He remembered writing this song and realising that he was beginning to hate himself. This was the first song he wrote after he hurt Kurt. The first song he wrote after lying to the one person he told everything, the one person he could trust with his life, the one person that meant more to him than himself.

Remember that way?
How you'd never lie to me
'Cause you'd never lie to me
No way

Blaine closed his eyes, willing the tears to go away. Blaine had written this from Kurt's perspective, writing the song completely about himself and how he thought Kurt would be feeling.

So baby come on, come on...

Oh, don't you tell me no
There you go again
You're ten out of ten
Sorry, did I just s-stutter?

Blaine opened his eyes and stared into the crowd. They all sat completely still and no one made a noise as they listened intently to his song. Blaine tilted his head as he found a few girls in the audience who appeared to be literally hanging off of every word that came out of his mouth.

Remember that night?
When I saw you standing there?
Dark eyes and dark hair
It's just you

Blaine suddenly felt a strong feeling of dominance, as if he suddenly had power over everyone in the room. A few people were nodding their head to the beat but most were still entranced in Blaine's voice.

So baby come on, come on...

Oh, don't you tell me no
'Cause there you go again
You're ten out of ten
Sorry, did I just s-stutter?

Blaine felt powerful.

And he loved it.

But I know that you want it
Trying to get you on it
Baby we could fuck the rights
Turn around and wrong it

Blaine grinned when he noticed one of the girls on the front row staring at him with wide eyes, the guy next to her had suspiciously crossed his legs when Blaine sang 'fuck'.

Spare me your convictions
The promises you keep
I've got a better proposition
And the friction that you need

Blaine felt wanted, he felt desirable, he felt talented.

Blaine smirked. He had finally done the one thing he'd never been able to do; just get lost in the music. He had always over-analysed every word, he'd always listened to every lyric and wondered what inspired the songwriter to choose that particular word and how they were feeling.

But not this time. No, this time Blaine was free. He was in a different city and he was being him. He wasn't being anything else to please other people and he most certainly wasn't being the nice guy he'd always pretended to be around Kurt. Sure, Kurt always brought out the best in him, but even the best had bad parts, even the best parts had flaws.

But, as Blaine prepared himself to belt out the last part of his song, he felt flawless. He felt perfect and no one was taking this away from him. This moment was his.

Won't tell you what you know
But this is the end
You were never my friend
You were never my-
You were never my lover!

For a second the whole room was silent, and that silence meant more to Blaine than the massive standing ovation he got afterwards.

That silence signified the shock and slight fear in people. Fear of Blaine's sudden change in confidence. And shock of how amazing he had been and how every word seemed to have a meaning behind it.

That was until the last half of the song. The last half of the song was just as amazing, if not better. Blaine didn't seem to mean anything he was saying. It was as if he had forgiven himself for something that no one in the room knew but him.

And that was what made him so different.

Can I just point out the fact that I don't know how this story is going to end so I'm as surprised as you guys rn 😕 I guess this is why most fanfic writers write most of their fic before they post anything. But not me, I'm weird. I write things on the night I post them because I am not organised at all 😑😹