New Kid

"Kurt?" Kurt turned to see a boy wearing a beanie frowning at him.

"Chandler?"

"Oh my god! It is you!" The boy grinned excitedly before launching himself at Kurt and hugging him tightly, Kurt returning the hug eagerly, "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too!" Kurt grinned as they pulled apart, "But I thought you would've transferred here sooner. What's taken so long?"

"Oh, my dad tried to get me to go to an all boys school in Westerville somewhere. Dayton, or something." Chandler smiled, "But I wanted to come here because I've been in private schools all my life. I wanted a bit of a change, y'know?"

"Yeah, change is always good."

"But I also wanted to come here because you're here."

"Really?" Kurt blushed, "Why's that?"

"Because you're my best friend." Chandler smiled bashfully, "And I'll be honest; I have a little bit of a crush on you. But it's clear that you don't feel the same, I understand. I'll forget about it soon, don't worry. I don't know why I told you this. God, I'm stupid."

"You-"

"Anyway! I better be going now! I like to get to my classes extra early on my first day so I can discuss the class work for the rest of the year and the work that I've missed." Chandler grinned before turning on his heel and all but running down the corridor, before yelling over his shoulder; "Bye, Kurt!"

Kurt stood there gaping after Chandler for a good 2 minutes before Blaine walked up to him.

"What're you staring at?"

"Hmm, what?" Kurt's head snapped up to look at Blaine, "Oh, the new kid just told me he likes me."

"What?" Blaine coughed, attempting not to choke on his chewing gum, "Why?"

"Are you saying that no one can like me?" Kurt raised an eyebrow.

"What? No! No, I don't understand why more people don't like you. You're so likeable and. I mean, people can fall in love with you really quickly because you're, uh, I mean, you're amazing and hot and- and really, umm, nice and funny and uh-"

"It's okay, Blaine." Kurt nodded, "I was just teasing you."

"Oh." Blaine blushed, "Well, I should probably get going then."

"Bye, Blaine. See you in glee tonight."

"See ya, Kurt."

Kurt sighed as he watched Blaine walk away. Why couldn't Blaine like him the same way as Chandler liked Kurt?