Pretend Fiancee

Ashton

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin, you have to get up! We're leaving for Los Angelos so you can meet your girlfriend!" Michael's voice breaks the silence of sleep. groaning I roll back over and close my eyes again.

"Fine, we'll just meet Kara-"

"You little bitch, it's Keira," I say before Luke can say anything else. I roll onto the floor just as Molly enters my room, giving me a big, wet, sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"Molly's gonna miss us, yes she is, yes she is!" Calum baby talks as he bends down to rub her belly.

"Guys get out, I have to change. No shoo," I mumble as I escort them to the bedroom door.

"I bet he wouldn't ask Kara to leave," Luke whispers.

"I told you, it's Keira, no Kara," I shout before closing the door behind them, cutting off my contact from the human world. I pick up my phone and click on Keira's name.

I'll see you later Miss. Keira. I hit send, throw my phone on my bed, and pull on my purple shirt.

"Honestly, I don't know why everybody is always hating on you. I guess they're just jealous that they don't have a purple shirt." I say. My phone starts buzzing, and I practically lunge at my bed.

Okay. Hey your not a mugger or anything, right? I laugh. Something about this girl was different than all the other girls I have met. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

No Miss. Keira, I'm a drummer. But by night, an epic popcorn maker ;) See ya later!

I grab my messily packed suitcase, my phone, and my car keys to get us to the airport. Opening the wooden door that lead from my room to the hallway, then to the big open area of the living room, I walk and met up with the other boys.

"Ah Ash, I hope you're bringing that shirt to burn it. I hope you don't ever have to see that horrid shirt ever again! God, I hope you don't meet Kara with that shirt," Calum says, shielding his eyes as if something were bright, or ugly.

"You little shits. For the last time, her name is Keira. And this shirt is awesome, you're just jealous because your not hot enough to pull it off." I say, shoving Calum into Michael, who then bumped into Luke. Before they could all gang up on me I grab my car keys and head out the door.

***

The plane ride went on forever.

"God I forgot how long it actually took for us to get here. I've been sitting for at least an eternity and a half," Michael complains.

"It should be almost over. Like maybe another half an hour?" I turn to the flight attendant who happened to be walking by. "Excuse me, how much long until Los Angelos?" I ask, I could feel the lady checking me out. It was so awkward, her looking me up and down.

"Uh miss, he's taken," Luke interjects into the weird staring contest.

"Well that never stopped a guy before," Her voice was musical, but had a slightly lisp.

"Uh, well, it's going to stop me now. I really, erm, like my girlfriend, I mean fiance.," I squirm under the pressure of her glare.

"Whatever," She said, scribbling on her notepad, and handing me the piece of paper with he number on it.

"You know, I'm a single pringle and ready to mingle?" Michael says, snatching the piece of paper out of my hands.

"You'll have to do , call me. Later hun," She leans across me to kiss his cheek. He low cut shirt suddenly right in my face. I was thankful that I could breathe finally once she stood up and walked away.

"Seriously man? 'Single pringle and ready to mingle'? That has to be the worst pick-up line ever," Luke says.

"Well it worked so why are you so criticizing?" Mikey quickly rebuttals. "Besides, it's not for me anyways. I'm going to go to a bar or club or whatever and give it to the first desperate guy I see. I mean desperate and desperate make a right match," He quickly adds before turning around and falling asleep.

***

Miss. Keira I need you to do me a really big favor! Please!? I frantically typed the second we land.

Mr. Ashton, what would that be? She replies seconds later

I need you to pretend we're madly in love, and if you could wear a ring on your finger. Some crazy, psycho plane attendant hit on me, and I may have said I had a fiance... Please help me! I type as if my life depended upon it.

Well Mr. Ashton, I knew you were desperate, but no that desperate. I guess I could help, no kissing though. Plus, after this is all done this, you have to buy me a drink. Deal? She types back after several minute. The crazy lady was watching me, so I pretended she said something funny and laughed.

You drive a hard bargain Mrs. Irwin, deal. Are you here yet? I can't wait to meet my soon-to-be wife! ;)

Just as I hit send I see a girl across the way with a sign that said Mr. Ashton. Looking over my shoulder I see the attendant raising an eyebrow.

"Keira! I missed you so much!" I scream and run towards her, she returns the gesture and jumps into my arms. I dip her.

"Pretend I just kissed you," I instruct quietly. When I steady her onto her feet again, she looks into my eyes and says just loud enough for the attendant to hear.

"I can't wait to get you back home Ash, I haven't seen you in months, and you need punishing for that," her face looked playful enough, but her eyes said 'You hold me to that, I swear on my grandmother's grave I will kill you'.

"Whatever you say Mrs. Irwin," I look back over my shoulder and see the attendant was glaring at me. But then her expression melted into something more playful, a little to playful. She winked and blew me a kiss. I turn around, place my arm around Keira, and try not to shudder.

Once out of the airport and in Keira car I could breathe.

"You guys make a cute couple," Luke points out.

"I know we do, don't we honey?" I ask, and lean over to the drives seat and wrap my arms around her.

"Don't touch me lover boy!" She exclaims laughing, and pushes my arm off of her.

"Babe, I am hurt," I say, pretending to be wounded. For the first time I was able to stop and look at her. Keira looked nice. She had cut off shorts that reached just above her middle thigh. She was wearing a light pink tank top with flip flops. Her hair was pulled up in a french braid, and she smelled like roses.

"Hey Ash, close your mouth, a bug is going to fly into it," Calum says from the back seat. I snap back to reality and realize I had been staring. I turn to look out the window at the L.A. scenery. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Keira was blushing.

Well great Ash, I think to myself, She now thinks you're a creep. I had spent half an hour with my new found friend, and she already thought I was creepy. Nice start.