Il Sogno Di RJ

After spending some time at the firm, they decided to visit the three gasoline stations.  By 11pm they were already done with their rounds.  They drove back to Sta. Maria station for the meet up with Nico.  Upon reaching the station, they were greeted by Sam and Joyce with Nico on tow. 
"Maine, balita ko tinalo mo si Nico?" Sam asked.
"Well, lunch is free for us today, sky's the limit...!" Maine said.
"Wow, as in wow! You really are something...!" Joyce said.
"Are you planning to have it full time?" Sam asked curiously...
"No! I just to do my best for this race in lieu of Nico.  This is his dream and I will do anything to help him with her dreams.  As for me, I am planning to have my own coffee shop and I am thinking of having a car racing theme... Well I am still at planning stage...!" Maine said. 
"A, OK! But you were good on racing, imagine beating Nico... You could be one of those popular names to watch out for...!" Sam said.
"How about you RJ, kung gusto i-pursue ni Menggay ang racing, papayag ka ba?" Joyce asked all of a sudden.
"If that what makes her happy, then she can have it but I will be part of her mechanic's pool to make sure that she is safe every step of the way.  The only way that I will stop her on that is if she herself does not want it anymore, or when we are married and having our own kid...!" RJ said.
"Uyyy, sigurado ka na magkakatuluyan kayo ha?" Joyce said.
"Sure na ako sa sarili ko, hihintayin ko na lang kelan siya handa...! And while waiting for her, I will make sure that I can provide her everything...!" RJ said with conviction.
Namula naman si Maine sa mga narinig pero piniling magsawalang-kibo at ngumiti na lang bago pumunta sa talyer, sumunod na ang tropa pagkatapos ng ilang minuto. 
"Nico, okay na yung sasakyan, maintenance na lang at practice ang kailangan para mabatak ng husto ang makina.  The team is now ready to run... By the way, who will lead the mechanic's pool?" Maine asked.
"I could still do the checking but we still need a whole crew for detailing and coaching!" Sam said.
"I will be the Team Leader and Sam will be named as Technical Director, Joyce will be named as Chief Aerodynamicist, and RJ will be the Chief Designer and Maine will be the Driver... This will be the position to be declared on the papers but as the race will go, but as we all know, Maine is our Chief Mechanic and we will be pulling out Kuya Jose, Kuya Wally and Kuya René for assistance during the race.  As we all know, we have sponsors so supplies will not be a problem!" Nico said to all of them.
"Oh, one more thing, we need to stay at the race track for one week.  Practices and as part of agreement, authorities should make sure that the cars will not be altered before the race! Do you have any problem on that, guys?" Nico said.  No protests from the group was raised.  They only have three weeks before the real race.

As they are checking everything about the car, Nico received a phone call from the construction firm.  Nico excused himself and and answer the call.  After few minutes, Nico returned back.  The team is still busy talking their heads off regarding the car, when Nico approached them...
"Mendoza, may problema sa Bataan project natin... May problema daw sa designs... I need to go there...!" Nico said.
"Ano ba problema? At gaano ka-urgent?" Maine asked.
"Bukas agad, supplier and design problems daw, sasama ko si Ate Pauleen and two of the engineering team!" Nico said.
"Oh, well things happen... You --!" Maine was interrupted when another phone call was received by Nico.  Nico accepted the call and was over the phone for ten minutes.  They heard a frustrated grunt from Nico as he ended the call...
"Mendoza, may problema...!" Nico said urgently...
"Tatay's secretary forgot to tell us that there is a convention tomorrow for all Shell's station and I am listed as an attendee.  Tatay wanted me to attend this time in lieu of him, rubbing elbows, you know!" Nico said.
"Hayyy! Hirap talaga maging Mendoza... Hahaha... O ano, Nico kaya pa?" Maine said, teasing Nico... Trying to make everything light...
"Desisyon mo, saan mo itatapon si Menggay? Hahaa... I will be on the ring side... Hahahaha...!" Maine said.
"Nang-aasar ka pa... Crash course tayo for convention tomorrow, lagot tayo Kay Tatay pag ikaw umattend doon...!" Nico said, frustrated...
"Hahaha... Hahaha... Ngayon, you will need to have a crash course from me... No problem, Nico... I still have all the references of who's who and what's what in the convention... We can start anytime...!" Maine said.
"By the way, Mendoza, no need for a long trip, the butterfly is available.  If you could make it tomorrow, please do kasi kailangan na natin pa-sked practice mo starting day after tomorrow!" Nico said.
"Uyy, okay yun ah! Miss ko na ang butterfly! RJ, sama ka? Or you can take a rest for one day with your family, before the hectic schedule? Kasi Linggo lang nai-promise mo na uuwi tayo for cook-off sked...!" Maine asked RJ... Hindi naman kasi nila pwedeng iwan, maiinip, kawawa naman...
"No, sasama ako sa iyo bukas... Bodyguard ako db? Isa pa malayo ang Bataan, hindi ako mapipirmi sa pag-aalala sa iyo kaya sama na ako...!" RJ said...
"Kung ganun, after lunch rest muna lahat, we are ahead of schedule naman na e... So let's have lunch and let Maine do her "office" thingy... Hehee...!" Nico said.
"Oo na... Oo na... And while I am doing my "office" duties, can you test the car for me? I mean, make sure of the everything and if there is still a possible problem...!" Maine asked them.
"No problem, we will run.. All of us this time, me, RJ, Sam and Joyce...!" Nico said...
"OK, lunch na tayo ..! Excited akong patakbuhin young kotse...! Sam said.
After their sumptuous lunch, they left Maine at the gasoline station, they let her do her works while they tried the car.  The four of them reached the place where Maine do her training.

Nico : Maging malupit kayo sa car. Wag lang ibabangga, gawin nyo lahat ng klase ng maneuver and make sure na kung may makita kayong problems even a slight glitch take note of that...

The four agreed and do what they needed to do... After an hour of practice, they gather together with one thing on their mind - Nicomaine is one fine aerodynamicist.  The car's control was too perfect, not even a glitch was noted.  The car is very much ready to race! 

After the practice, they decided to snatch coffee from Starbucks and went back to Maine.  Upon arrival, Maine informed Nico that an advanced party was already on their way to Bataan, Pauleen and Maine will travel with butterfly together with RJ.  They will be leaving at exactly eight in the morning.  RJ is so curious of what a butterfly is... He was about to asked about it when Maine said...
"RJ, this will be a surprised for you but this can make you happy... Wait for it tomorrow...!".

Come morning, the two of them are ready for their itinerary.  They slept late last night because of the briefing, Maine need to discuss and explained to Nico.  The convention will start by nine.  Nico travelled ahead of them, since they will be coming from the office going to Bataan.  Upon reaching the office, Pauleen is already by the door waiting for them and lead them at the back of the building.  RJ's curiosity piqued when he heard a loud sound and was giddy upon seeing the helicopter in front of them.. He was surprised that the family has their own.  They were so full of surprises and yet they don't brag... They really are a nice family.
He was excited for the ride and he promised to help out to whatever problems they have with the site.  The helicopter ride was exhilarating and Maine assured him that they are safe and will go back on the same transport.  She will tell the pilot to have him seat next to him when they come back later, but for now they need to resolve the issue right away.  Upon descend, the advance party told them that the supplies was the problem.  The deliveries has been switched and the sub-standard materials was delivered to them.  Maine told them she will call the supplier right away but she apologized first for the damage that was inflicted to the client.  Kinausap ang supplier and she was firm on reprimanding them.  Richard saw the business acumen of the "Maine Mendoza".  He was surprised of the way she dealt with the problem and the way she resolve the issue.  Imagine, she was able to get a discount from the supplier and that discount will be used to pay the extra expenses for the back job.  She really is quick-witted.  No money will be spent by the company instead the supplier will be paying them without asking them outright. The new supplies will be delivered in the same day and they need to wait for it until it was fulfilled. Good thing, the supplier has warehouse near the project.  They were promised with a new supplies after lunch. 
After talking to the suppliers and the team, Maine introduce RJ to everyone and just like at the office, he saw disappointment from the single population at the area.  He really needs to make sure of his "bakod", marami talaga siyang karibal. 
After lunch and everything was resolved, Maine decided to fly back early.  And as Maine's promised, RJ was seated next to the pilot.  He was given a crash course regarding controls and buttons.  RJ was so thankful to Maine.  Maine asked him if he is happy and he is, more than happy.  After an hour they were back at the station and RJ is still in cloud nine.
"Mahal, salamat... Thanks for fulfilling one of my dreams!" RJ was filled with gratitude for the experience.
"Shhh... Basta masaya ka, masaya rin ako...!" Maine said and kissed him on the cheek...
"I love you... Only you...!" RJ said and gave her a peck on the lips.