The Mechanic

As expected, everything went well on the event... Until the evening schedule, no hitch happened... I owe everything to a ball of sunshine that lightens everything... A small problem but was solved brilliantly... The guest was very impressed and right there and then booked for another event for the next month... Everyone was happy especially RJ... If this thing turns out right within half year the restaurant can bounce back... And since everyone was busy the entire day, we let them go after cleaning up the whole restaurant...
On the other hand, I can see that Maine is really tired... So we decided to go home right away... She dozed off as we are traveling... So we let her...
"Grabe din pala magmanage ng restaurant no, Tol!"
"Sinabi mo pa! Staff, on the spot problems, unsatisfied customers, etc... Sobrang stressful lang...!"
"Pero bilib ako sa iyo pare! Mamaya mo ng ilang taon... Regardless of medyo nagkakaproblema ang business mo, still you manage to go through it...! Sometimes its not all about hard work e, but strong dedication and strong willed combined...!"
"Salamat pare pero truth be told, if not for the last stint where Maine cooked for us the first time, I don't know what is our status right now... With the bills running high and delayed staff salary... I don't want to let go of these coz its Mom's legacy but I would have looked for a business partner to take over just to make sure that this legacy lives on...!"
"Your mother won't let it happen for you have invested so much of love in this restaurant... So you better do everything in your power to make sure that this will not slip out of your hand...!" Maine said as she butt in...
"O, akala ko natutulog ka?"
"Kuya, ang ingay nyo kaya, paano ako makakatulog?" Nakasimangot na sabi ni Maine...
Nangiti na lang kaming dalawa ni Nico sa pagbusangot ni Maine... Hay nakkuuu... Sarap kurutin ng pisngi... After a few more minutes, we arrived at the house...
"Good evening, everyone!" She jovially greets everyone...
"Hello, ganda!"
"Hello, Bibi!"
At nagmano na kami sa matatanda...
"Halika na at umupo na run kayo dito ng nakakainis na...!"
Kwentuhan, tawanan hanggang natapos ang hapunan... Pati si Nico ay hindi nakatakas sa mga asaran at tuksuhan... Ang saya ng dinner...
"O, Bibi... Pagod na pagod ka a, matulog ka na para makapahinga ka na... Marami ka nga palang niluto ngayon... Maglinis ka muna bago ka matulog para hindi malagkit pakiramdam mo ha? Pero maglagay ka ng langus sa likod bago magshower ha?"
"Pero Lola, OK lang po ako, kaya ko pa po, gusto ko kayo makakwentuhan pa...!"
"Bukas na lang, iha! Sige na, akyat na, rest ka muna...!"
"OK po, salamat at pasensiya na po... Kailangan ko na po talagang ipikit ang akong mga Mata at baka po mag-iba na ang akong anyo! Goodnight everyone...!" Sabi ni Maine na ikinatawa ng lahat... Nasabi niya lahat in 1 minute and every courtesy greetings was included appropriately...

Everyone was so amazed of her almost monologue... She said everything in one go without a hitch... She is really something...

Everyone went to the kitchen and ate their dinner and after they all rest since its been a really a tiring day...

Morning come and everyone was well rested... Breakfast comes without a hitch and its time for the Mendoza to go home in Bulacan... Faulkerson said their thank you for helping them in their restaurant... They even bought special buko pie dahil nagustuhan ito ni Maine...
"Lola, paalam po... Mamimiss ko po kayo... Wala akong millennial Lola na makakausap...!" She said with a pouting lips...
"Ako rin, mamimiss ko yan kakulitan mo... Hahaha... Babalik ka dito ha? Dadalaw ka Kay Lola...!"
"Try ko po Pag may time po Lola... Promise... Pinky swear!"
"Hanapan mo dahil Pag hindi ka bumalik dito at dinalaw ako magtatampo ako!"
"Huhuhu... Lola naman wag ganun! Hoy, Tisoy Pag nagtampo si Lola kausapin mo na marami akong ginagawa ha kaya di ako makadalaw!"
Nagulat sila Lola at Daddy dahil ngayon lang ulit may tumawag sa akin na Tisoy after a long time...
And off they go, and Faulkerson went to their usual day's work...

Maine, on the other hand was so felt loved on that house... She felt as if she was part of it... She cannot contain her happiness...
Came night, and yet she cannot sleep... She want to do something but she don't know what it is... She already finished the plans for tomorrow's agenda... She had the blue print and since RJ gave his permission already, she only needs to glam up the car and improve its capabilities and reliability... She opened again her laptop... And that's when something tick off... Been busy for about fifteen minutes and there it was...
"A FAMILY OUTSIDE A FAMILY"... After proofreading, I submit it to my publisher for review...

And after that, I fall asleep peacefully... Morning comes, everything is prepared for my current project... We had breakfast with Nanay and Tatay... And I have already asked permission that I will be late for home later... I told them that I will be working on a new project... They agreed but I should be home by 12midnight... Kuya told them that he will be at the gasoline station to "help" me out... Before 7am, everyone on its to way their "usual" business...
I arrived at the station 30 after 7, I checked first all the documents that needs to be reviewed... The whole day passed as I should be... No mishaps gone wrong today, maybe because Nico took care of the outside business while me the internal... Division of labor... Come 5pm, I am super excited... I change into a racing gear... I will again do a test drive to check if my calculations are precise for the car's requirements, before tinkering... Adjustments will be made everywhere...
"Meng, bakit baka gear ka? Mag-aayos tayo ng sasakyan db?"
"Oo, Kuya pero kailangan ko munang itest drive ulit kung tama lahat ng adjustments na gagawin ko...!"
"O siya, pero sasama ako!"
"Then get your things, yung helmet mo... Mag all-out ako, pati booster gagamitin ko...!"
"Saan tayo?"
"Diyan sa Pleasantville, meron dun oval na almost 10km ang stretch, so pwede na yun...!"
"OK, let's go!"
"OK, gear on!"

After a while, we are back at the station and we are still discussing some of my adjustments and we agreed to almost everything...

Bumaba na kami... And then we saw him...