Moonlight

They are still laughing out loud as they rode into the abyss... RJ found Maine's frank hilarious plus the fact that he heard again that asthmatic laugh of Maine... He is immensely enjoying her laugh...

"Hahaha... Seen their faces? That was worth it...! I wonder if they will walk a mile to get their cars...!" Maine said when her phone rang...

"Nicomaine Dei Capili Mendoza... You got us there! And you got us big time!" Nico on the line screamed...

"I love you, Nicolas!" She countered as she was laughing...

RJ was surprised hearing those words... She said it as if she is telling that to him... She said the words, although laughing, with so much sincerity... I wish... I wish... I wish...

"Okay, bye! Just don't hurt my baby, please! Kailangan din naman niya minsan ng konting pain... Hahaha...!" I heard Maine saying over the phone and drop the call...
"Sinong baby?" RJ can't help but asked...
"E di si yellow bell... Hahaha... She is just so precious to me!" Maine said...
"Ahhh, okay!" RJ let out a sigh...
"That was my first investment while working... Just like you, I love that car... But unlike you, I don't care if someone used it as long as they know how to take care of it... Hahaha... Hindi ako madamot!" Maine said laughing...
Napangiti ako...
"Hindi mo pa rin nakakalimutan yung pagtataray ko no! Sorry ha? Medyo maselan lang talaga ako sa sasakyan ko kasi katulad mo rin first investment ko yun plus the fact na yun Ang kotseng palagi naming ginagamit ni mama pag nag pupunta kami ng restaurant...!" RJ countered...
"Ganun ba? Sorry ha? So you are trying to preserve every memory you had on that car with your mom and yet here I am altering it... I'm really sorry... We can still undo the changes, I will perfectly understand!" Maine said with conviction and sincerity...
"Its okay! At least the most important thing is I got to retain the car... If I sell that car, baka hindi ko na mabawi ulit...! Kaya thank you pa rin sa inyong dalawa ni Nico...!" RJ said with a smile...
"Ganito na lang, what ever change I made on that car, I will try my best to change it back to its former glory after this race, pinky promise!" Maine countered...
"I told its okay... As long as I have the car... Its still my car regardless of the changes made, right?"
"Definitely... That car is still legally yours and we made a promise that we only borrowed it!"
"No what I mean is regardless of the changes, the memory is still there and it will not be altered.. New memories will be added but old memories will still lingers...!"
"Truth... As long as you have that memories in your heart, nothing can alter it! Anyways, will it be alright with you if we park somewhere? I just want to drink my coffee in peace..." Maine said...

"Let's... I also want to have coffee in peace..." RJ mimicked her...
Natawa si Maine and they spotted an overlooking place... They can see city lights... No let me correct that, they can see NLEX's never ending lights... Plus they get to see the moon along the stars in the sky...
They've decided to sit on the hood of the car slightly lying down for better view of the place...

"Alam mo nung bata ako, sabi ko sa sarili ko, I wanna be a star! But not the most shining one... I want the one that is not to be easily seen by the naked eye!" Maine said...
"Huh? Everyone wants to shine!"
"Yes, everyone but not me! Just like the hidden stars, they played a much bigger role in the universe... Some are planets and some are suns of their own galaxy... They exist to help give life to those stars that shine brightest! Just like the sun, sharing its light to the moon to make it shines and standout on its own during night time!" Maine explained...
"Hmmm...! That is true...!" Alden agreed...
"But the best reason I love them? Its because they co-exist peacefully... Imagine, there's a lot more stars in the universe than people here on earth... But they are most peaceful than us...?"
"That's true, but that's because we tend to think and overanalyze things, unlike them they just do what they need to do!" RJ countered...
"Maybe you are right! But I am still puzzled as of why people want to destroy others, when they could have been happy with the success of others!" Maine gave a deep sigh...
"And that is also the reason why I want the stars that don't shone the most... I just want to like help the best I can without stirring other's interest on me... Coz for all we know, they could either be a mean enemy or a passerby!"
"So you were like wanting to help but you don't want to be thanked personally? Ironic, isn't?"
"No, coz for me the best thank you that you can give me is if you are going to share as well the kindness that was bestowed to you! I want to help coz I want other people to help others as well... I share so that other people will also share...!" Maine added.
"Wow! Ganyan ka ba talaga kabait?"
"Hahaha... Ako mabait? Hahaha... Mabait ako pagkatapos Kong i-bully sila Nico? And mind you, marunong din akong magmura! And another thing, mabait ba ako nung gantihan kita sa kasupladuhan mo noon?" Maine countered...
"What I mean is...!"
"Hindi ako mabait, may topak ako at mas malala yun kaya nga ayaw nila Sam na malapit sila sa akin kasi malupit ako Pag sinumpong! Pero I really want to help people in need... Siguro kasi dahil nakikita Kong nahihirapan talaga sila especially financial status... Unlike me, I have everything... I have work that can support my needs! But they don't have and yet they are happy!"
"Why are you not happy?"
"Masaya ako, totoo yun! Pero parang may kulang! I don't know, there is this hollow feeling inside me that is void...!"
"Yeah, I know the feeling... Its like everything is being put in place perfectly but looking for something that will complete the scenario to make it " really" perfect...!
"Yap! Same feels...!"
They both stayed quiet for a moment as if assessing their own soul ... They both wondering...
"But as of the moment, I am not feeling that hollow right now! Its as if the hollow is being filled... I don't know!" Maine
"But as I am talking to you right now, I felt something different, I found peace! Perhaps, maybe because of you... Because of your kind demeanor?" RJ thinks...

And both are savoring the moment of peace they have found... Maybe because they are on a quiet place and they felt comfortable with each other...