Uninvited

RJ's phone suddenly ring.  He excused himself to answer the phone.  He was frowning while he was talking, and after a few minutes, dropped the call with an obvious scowl on his face.

Maine, upon seeing his scowl, frowns. 
"O, what happened?" Maine cannot stop herself from asking.
"There is a booking on the resto by Sunday!" RJ said, irritation still on his face.
"O, may event naman pala, bakit nakasimangot ka?" Maine asked.
"I don't want the clientele!" RJ said.
"Huh? Why? Sino ba sila?" Maine said.
"Yung mga kasama ko dati sa mga drag racing.  Yung nang-iwan sa akin after malaman nila yung kalagayan ng family ko!" RJ said.
"And who accepted the booking this time?" Maine asked.
"Dad" RJ retorted.
"Do they know?" Maine asked, puzzled.
"I don't tell them the reason, isa pa rebelde ako nun kay Dad e.  I thought they really want me in the group, apparently, they only need me pang-kompleto lang ng team and maghatak ng mga babae!" RJ explained.
"Baka naman this time they are seeking na forgiveness, baka narealize nila how  vital your friendship is to them!" Maine said.
"I don't think so, kasi iba talaga ugali nila e... Baka they are planning on something against me again!" RJ said, feeling something bad will happen.
"Shhhh, don't say that.  Don't let them affect you that much.  Have faith that there is still something good in them!" Maine said.
"No, buts... We will do it...! Maine said holding his hands as if to pacify him.
He calmed down a bit.
"Ok, I will accept it but one wrog move and I will not hesitate to take them out of our resto!" RJ said.
"Ok, its a date then, we will help you!" Maine said, smiling at him.
"Ohhh by the way, where's our treat?" Pang-aasar ni Maine.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" RJ said.

The week went through as scheduled.  He car was painted according to the plan.  To say the least they are following the restoration and practice biblically.  Maine, having to get the 8-5 job, has more flexible schedule while RJ was being replaced by Nico for time to time to practice and master the new restoration.  As understudy, he also needs to prepare in case Maine cannot fulfill her post.

Come Sunday, as usual, Mendoza is at the kitchen doing her inventory.  She listed everything.  RJ, on the other hand, is helping her and making sure she is not tiring herself out.  They listed the thins to buy and asked someone to do it.  The resto was set up according to the party's theme. 
"Maine, is there something amiss? Anything that needs to be taken care of?" RJ asked.
"Hmmm, wala na! We are ready na... Hmmm, nasaan na si Nico?" Maine asked.
"Andiyan na, nakasetup na yung stage.  Katulong niya sina Sam at Joyce!" RJ said.
"Okay! Good." Maine said.
"Halika na, almost lunch na pala, rest ka muna.  You can sleep at my office after lunch!" RJ said and they went outside.  They passed by the stage and greeted Nico and the gang. 
Unknown to them, Nico has already did a research on RJ's old friends.  He have them stalked and apparently they are planning to ganged up RJ.  They want to humiliate RJ because of not joining them.  RJ is too kind and he has a sound principle when it comes to cheating people out of their money and to "play" around.  The band setup unknown to RJ and is to be kept until they asked for a last minute request to spite RJ.  He has already asked his "friends" to come over to play later.  But as planned they will only show themselves upon his instructions.
Two of RJ's friend are Mendoza's family friend, however, since these two "kids" was on the "other" side, they dontmingle with them.  In fact, one of them has a huge crush on Maine but turned down the minute he asked her out.  Maine has way a lot better taste and he did not even met any of Maine's criteria.  The group consists of 18 members, there girlfriends plus their hook-ups.  This event was already fully paid as per agreement, so whatever happens tonight, they are ready.  He also contacted his former mates to make sure that the place will be well-guarded and everyone is safe despite a brewing war. 

On the other hand, RJ and Maine is already at the office.  Upon opening the door, Maine spied hawhaw and mikmik at RJ's office table.  Her mouth waters and looked at RJ.
"Go dig in, its for you!" RJ said.  Maine was so happy for the treat and rushed to the table right away with a hop on her steps and eyes twinkling.  She really looked like a kid who were given an early Christmas gift. 
"Ang cute mo! Pero wag muna masyado ha? Lunch muna tayo!" RJ said gently reminding her to take it easy on eating those sweets. 
Lunch came and Nico was able to corner Maine.  Nico told her the plan and she was surprised that these people are really cunning.  She was asked to be vigilant and be careful because it may blow to an all out fight.  She needs to make sure that RJ is calm all the time.

Upon knowing the plan, she talked to the kitchen helpers that she will make instructions in preparing the food and should be followed strictly.  Good thing, the food consists mainly of fingerfoods and some Filipino cuisine.  She asked Ruby to monitor it for her.  She told her that there something more important for her to do than staying at the kitchen right now. 

The time came when his "friends" came in one by one.  The organizer then asked for RJ the minute he stepped in.  They decided to push through with the plan. 
"Good evening, is there any problem with the setup?" RJ appeared and won't beat around the bush.
"We want a good band to listen while we take our time.  If you don't have it, then we will withdraw this one right away!" James said.
"What??? Last minute request tapos pag wala withdraw? Ayos kayo ah! Ano into, gaguhan lang?" RJ was shocked and getting angrier every minute.
"So they are the guest? Hmmmm! Here's the deal... If we could a band for you in an hour, double the fee, agreed?" Maine said blurted out.  She is trying to stay calm regardless of how she wanted to kick this man's gut!
"Oh, you have an angel beside you! What's your name pretty lady?" James was about to get her hands.
"Don't touch me!" Maine said, fire in her eyes.
"Don't you dare!" RJ in his dangerously calm voice.  The calm before the storm...
"Ohhh, lovers! Pretty lady, do you know that this fellow here is at our mercy today? Our money will save this business today.  You should be with us, we can give you everything you want!" James told Maine, sexual connotations are being thrown at subtlety.
"O, James! Long time no see a! What's up and any problem dude?" Nick suddenly popped up when RJ is about to punch the asshole.
"Uyyy, Nico! I didn't know you will join the gang today.  Who invited you over?" James said.
"Oh, I was invited by RJ here.  Been hanging out with him for quite a while now... Any problem that I can be of help?" Nico said.
"I was asking for a band and I was being dealt with producing a band in an hour or will pay double if they can do it!" James said with a smirk on his face believing it is impossible to do so.
"Oh, is that true, Maine?" Nico said.
"Yap! And it should be money down!" Maine got a stash of cash on her hand.
"Ohhh, that's perfect killing two birds in one stone.   It will definitely hurt your business Faulkerson, pulling our money out!" James said.
"I dont want your money either, i would rather gave this food to unfortunate than you!" RJ said not faltering.
"Ok, fine! Deal! Produce a band now and then you can have this!" James said pulling out his money.  "I am sure one hour is not enough! So prepare to say goodbye to your restaurant, Faulkerson!" James said gping back to the gang regarding the plan.

RJ, Maine and Nico was also flustered dahil sa kayabangan ni James decided to take this matter at the office.
"Guys, thank you for standing up for me out there. Worry yourself no more because this transaction wont kill my business that easily.  I still have another transactions coming before this month is up...!" RJ said.
"Tisoy, do you have extra t-shirt kahit white lang?" Maine asked him.
"Huh? Oo nga pala basa na yung damit mo... I have one here, please baby, palit ka na baka magkasakit ka!" RJ said suddenly.
"Maine, nasa kotse ang lahat ng gamit mo, kukunin ko lang.  Wag ka na lumabas habang nagse-setup kami.  Hintayin mo na lang ako dito!" Nico said.
"Hey, anong nangyayari? Anong gamit? At bakit hindi ka pwedeng lumabas?" RJ said blabbering, with so many questions on his mind.
"Shhh, sorry kung hindi na namin sinabi sa iyo.  Pero tama ka mali nga ang pagtanggap mo ng cooking stint na ito.  They really planned to destroy you.  And this is my way of making amends sa pamimilit ko sa iyo na tanggapin itong transaction na ito.  Sorry ha? I just too much have faith in people kaya akala ko totoo silang humuhingi ng sorry.  At least i get to learn my lesson!" Mahabang litanya ni Maine.
"Pero wala kayong kasalanan... Ok lang talaga...!" RJ said.
"Shhh, no worries, we got this... Just enjoy the ride...!" Maine said taking RJ's extra white shirt and went to the bathroom.