Chapter 13: Smile

Start from the beginning

"Come on! You know that's the truth."

"Never mind! Let's go. We will get late for P.E." She said and walked ahead.

I went to the boy's locker room to get changed. Wearing my P.E clothes I entered the gym.

I saw Nora standing with some other girls. She was wearing our black P.E T-shirt and black shorts.

Damn! She looks hot!

There's no denying in that. I looked away before she sees me checking her out.

Nora walked up to me and asked, "So, are you going to join us?"

I scrunched my brows and asked,"For what?"
Before she could reply to my question, I heard a loud screeching voice calling my name.

"Looogaaann! "

I looked towards the source of the noise to see a girl in her tight cheer leading outfit walk towards me with a smile plastered on her face

I heard Nora whisper in my ear, "Oh! Here she comes!"

"Who is she?", I asked her.

"The typical queen bee of our school. Natalia Woods." Nora said with disdain lacing in her tone.

"Seriously? The Queen bee? I mean I thought they only existed in those teen fiction books!" I said while looking at Natalia who was coming closer and closer to me.

"You read teen fiction books?" Nora said looking at me with amusement.

"Hey Logan! I'm Natalia Woods. Sorry I couldn't meet you last week. I was out of town. But now here I am. And that's what matters right?" she asked putting her hands on my shoulders and coming closer to me.

Before I could say anything Nora said, "You know there is something known as personal space!"

I looked at Nora to see her glaring at Natalia's hand on my shoulders. Was she jealous?

I pulled Natalia closer to me and said, "I'm glad we got to meet Natalia."
Natalia turned to Nora and said, "You see, he doesn't have any problem in me being close to him, then what is your problem? Never mind! Logan will you join us in our team? We are playing volleyball and I would really like you to be on our side."

"I, umm.."

"No he won't! I already asked him to be in our team. So he won't be joining you!" Nora interrupted me.

"What are you? His girlfriend? Don't forget that you're just a geeky nerd okay! So just stay in your limits." Natalia said while pointing her fingers at Nora.

Nora was so angry by this moment that she could kill anyone coming in her way. If looks could kill, Natalia would be six feet under the ground.

"Okay! You didn't just go there!" I whispered in Natalia's ears and backed off. I didn't want to be the one getting hurt because of Natalia's stupid mouth.

If Nora can take down three guys at one time, then she wouldn't even take a second to hurt Natalia.

"Did you just call me a nerd?"

Nora slowly walked towards Natalia as if giving her a chance to run away.

Her eyes were not having the usual shine anymore. Instead they were dark with a deadly look. A look that I have seen before but I cannot put a finger on it. I let go of that thought and concentrated on what is in front of me. I had to stop Nora from killing her. I took her hands which were now formed in fists.

"Listen Nerd... Nora! Calm down! I don't think this is the right way to resolve any problem. We can talk and work it out right?"

She continued glaring at Natalia but eventually said,
"Yeah right!"

I sighed in relief and turned to Natalia.

"Natalia! I'm sorry but Nora is my friend. And she can say anything she wants. You're no one to tell her what to do and what not to do. So it's better if you just go away now. And yes! In going to be in Nora's team." I said the last part sweetly and walked away pulling Nora with me.

She didn't let go off my hand and some how it felt good. I gave Nora one of my charming smile and she smiled in return. This was the first time I saw her smiling genuinly.

"Thanks Jerk. If you wouldn't be there then I don't know what I would've done."
"You're welcome Nerdy."

We both smiled at each other once again and joined our other team members.

The game went well and let's just say, Natalia ended up with a swollen face.

Well, You don't mess with my Nerdy.

Did I just call her mine?

Yeah! I did. And it doesn't sound weird.
_______________________________

Hey guys!! 

Hope you all liked this chapter! 
Don't forget to comment and vote please😊