49. The duck pond

Victoria sat on the bench by the pond with Johnathan on her lap. Giggling to himself as the ducks started bounding towards them.

" Look duckies this little boy is one today. Isn't he getting big." Victoria says and the ducks quack at her as Johnathan tries to copy them.

" I know. We couldn't have a birthday celebration without coming to see you." Victoria says and throws some seeds out to them.

Johnathan grabbed the air in excitement and started bouncing up and down on Victoria's lap.

" Your majesty a letter was dropped by my house by mistake. A mister T.H" Gulliver says handing her the letter.

" Wow. My letter got their quick. Thank you." Victoria says in shock and takes the letter from him placing it in her bag.

" How is the little birthday prince." Gulliver asked sitting next to Victoria on the bench.

" he is having a whale of a time. It's crazy to think without your selfishness in changing the games rules I wouldn't have him in my life." Victoria says and Johnathan grabs at her fingers.

" Well I am glad to hear you have gotten over my selfishness. At the end of the day I did what was best for you and Francis. Look at you now a thriving house that's stable and ready to fight in the crown wars in a few months." Gulliver says

" You are right. I don't know what state house demure would be in without you." Victoria looks away from him and down to the ducks.

" I remember when you used to come down here when he was a newborn. You would sit and talk to the ducks while he fell asleep. Holding a conversation with him as if he was back. Now look at him. Starting to form sentences." Gulliver says as he takes Johnathan's hand in his

" He is a wonderful little boy who is going to become a strong King one day." Victoria smiles and Johnathan crawls from her lap into Gulliver's.

" Oh we must be going ... Johnathan needs a quick nap before his party or he will not be very happy." Victoria says taking him off of Gulliver's lap in an instant heading off.

" enjoy. I am terribly sorry I can't make the party. I have to visit my cousin. She is about to have a baby and is freaking out. Maybe you should see her sometime it might calm her better hearing advice from an actual mother. Rather than me. But enjoy." Gulliver rambles and Victoria nods

" We will and tell her from me, ignore what everyone says and your mothering instincts will kick in. Every baby is different so you just have to go with it." Victoria states and they begin to walk off waving goodbye to Gulliver. Which Johnathan copied as best he could making him laugh and turn it into clapping.

Heading back to the house which had servants running in and out with boxes of things. From the main kitchen to the garden area. Blankets were placed neatly across the garden with little baskets next to each one. Servants began to fill each basket with yummy treats from the picnic party this afternoon. Since the masquerade Victoria wanted a simple get together of close family and friends to celebrate Johnathan's first birthday to keep the threat to a minimum. Remembering the letter she had been given by Gulliver she was confused as to why their was no address but looked past it. Maybe T.H had just assumed if the letter came to the house it would get to her.

My Queen.

I shall meet you tonight at nine by the duck pond but you have to promise not to tell anyone. I will reveal my identity to you and you alone. But you have to know that what I did was because I was drunk and got lost in the world of the masquerade. I don't mean to hurt you or your relationship with Francis again after I reveal myself. Enjoy Johnathan's birthday.

Love T.H