15. Purity weeps

Victoria stayed curled in a ball that night after he left. She kept her legs pulled so tightly into her she was leaving red marks on her legs. her tears stained her cheeks and her bedsheets as she refused to undrawn the curtains that day and decided to stay in darkness. After it had happened she threw the candle across the room and smashed the mirror in the corner of her room. She scratched her arms , her legs , her whole body to rid the burning pain he left across her body. When she had calmed down she decided to take a scalding hot bath to wash away his touch.

His dirty hands and body going where no one else had ever gone. At this point in time she would have rather he killed her then feel this way now. To have the thought of him touching her and enjoying it. Taking away the one thing she cherished the most in her life. The steam filled the room as the water got hotter. Getting into the bath letting the scalding water drench her skin as she cried.

Francis looked at the clock as It stroke half ten and he looked towards his office door. Victoria wasn't there with his papers to sign or tea. Frowning slightly he assumed she had a lie in after the attack from Valois this morning. So he waited another half an hour to see if Miss Teller would arrive. But still she didn't. He rose from his chair and went to the serving quarters where he knocked on the door and waited an answer.

"Yes Your highness." Miss Florence said and curtsied

"Is everything alright with Miss Teller. She hasn't been with the papers and I was getting worried." Francis asked placing his hands in his pockets Miss Florence frowned

"Sorry , I haven't seen her today. You might want to check south side after last nights attack. The store room was in pieces this morning. She might me clearing up there with Mr Jacobson and Miss Williams and lost track of time." Miss Florence said and he nodded

"Thank you Miss Florence." He said and she shut the door.

Racing down the corridor to south side he found Mr Jacobson and Miss William clearing the storeroom alone. Victoria was no where to be see. Maybe she was still asleep. He thought. Walking to her room to the right of the storeroom he knocked on her door politely. No answer.

He knocked again. No answer.

Pressing his ear to the door he heard a sound that broke his heart.