21.Leading to the ball

Victoria fixed her red ball gown once more as Miss Florence pulled the corset tighter. Making Victoria gasp for air.

"A little looser Miss Florence please." She barely chocked out as Miss Florence released the ribbon slightly tying it off.

"Sorry. Madame." Miss Florence sighed and Victoria took her hand in hers.

"I am no better than you until King Francis gets down on one knee and asks for my hand in marriage. besides he hasn't even asked to court me yet." Victoria told her and she looked away

"But he asked you to be his Queen that's enough confirmation." Miss Florence says fluffing the back of Victoria's dress

"Not for me Miss Florence. Now you need to go and get ready yourself and stop fussing over me." Victoria says and swats her hands away making Miss Florence look down

"Ok , Miss Teller. I just wanted to make sure you looked perfect for King Francis tonight." Miss Florence says and heads out the door.

Victoria put the final touches to her outfit which included a small tiara and lace mask in pure white covering just her eyes.  Lord Francis was already making his way round the room when she appeared at the ballroom steps. Everyone turned and watched as she made her way down. It was as if in the last twenty four hours they had realised she was destined to become King Francis' Queen. King Francis bowed to Victoria as she walked in and she blushed a deep crimson.

"My I have this dance?" King Francis said and she nodded holding her hand out for him to grasp delicately.

They both waltzed around the room to the orchestra until the song was over. Victoria then made her way round the room talking to everyone and few more people asked her to dance and the ball was in full swing. King Francis had been pulled away to deal with an emergency in court and Victoria sighed as she missed his company. But she was not alone for very long. As people wanted to tell her how happy they were that King Francis had picked her as his lady in waiting.

It was unconventional for a servant to become lady in waiting so quickly in a royal family and more unlikely that a servant even made it into the royal question. Since , the royals were strictly meant to marry other royals to form alliances. But it seemed King Francis was rewriting the rules for Victoria as he knew she would make a great Queen of the country some day.