19. I am ready

Victoria looked once more to the window and watched as his figure became smaller and smaller as he got further away. The curtains blew in the wind distracting her. Until her gaze was brought back to the door by a bubbly Miss Florence holding her servant attire.

"Your uniform Miss Teller if you chose to wear it." Miss Florence says and Victoria nods taking it from her.

she dressed in it as the broken mirror was taken from the wall. To be replaced by a new one that she had picked out upon Francis' request. Fixing her hair into the signature low messy bun at the back  of her head she smiled sadly. Sighing she turned to Miss Florence and said

"I am ready. I think Miss Florence." Heading out the door she went straight for Francis' office with his daily tea at exactly 4 o'clock

Knocking on the door she waited for him to say the words she had missed. Opening the door slightly she popped her head round and headed in.

"Miss Teller. It is a pleasure to see you again." King Francis exclaimed getting up from his chair at the table.

"Gulliver said it would be best to get back to work and so here I am." She said and placed the tray on the table.

"Gulliver was right I have missed you and I have some very special news." Lord Francis says just as a few fireworks are let off

"What is it Francis?" Victoria asks as he takes her hand in his making her turn slightly rigid at the gesture. guiding her across the room. 

"I am going to step down from office." He states as they reach the window.

"You cant who will take over?" Victoria asks and he turns her gaze to the window

"Those fireworks represent the closure to my best friend's life and those cannon fires represent the end to the crown war. My job here is done." He says and she shakes her head.

"No it cant be over. who will take over?" She asks again but he places his hand to her lips to shh her.