31. the devil comes back

Johnathan was now nearly six months old and House Demure was flourishing under the reign of Victoria and Francis. They had many dinner parties and many balls to thank the staff and the rest of the house Demure family for all there hard work since Johnathan was born. The family was stronger now it was mostly run by Francis and Victoria alone without the watchful eyes of Gulliver and the court.

Victoria sat on the floor of the ballroom as Johnathan tried pull himself across it. He was mostly screaming and crying in frustration as he couldn't work out how to coordinate his arms and his legs to go forward in motion to Victoria. Francis sat in his office signing paper after paper about the military , the funds and foreign relations.Which upset him as he could see the two of them in the ball room and all he wanted to do was be down their with them. Victoria had started helping out with the crown as Johnathan didn't need Victoria's full attention permanently. However , she did make rule that said she would only help out with the crown if Johnathan could be in the meetings and of course Francis and the court could not overrule her.

  Since Victoria joined back in reigning  house Demure had began to climb the ranks in terms of being in favour to win the crown wars soon. The Queen of the Elise family had bean to correspond with Victoria starting shortly after the birth of Johnathan. As , the king and Queen are considering having a child soon and wanted to know what it was like being a king and Queen with a young baby. Which was a new experience for House Demure.

"Queen Victoria" Gulliver said and Victoria looks up away from Johnathan

"I told you Gulliver I did not want you near House Demure." Victoria states and he sighs

"I am deeply sorry and the court is insisting that their power over house demure be reinstated before the crown war in less than a year." Gulliver states

"and what happens if I say no. House Demure is doing better than it ever did under their influence and you know it." Victoria says as Johnathan crawls into her lap making Gulliver smile

"Then you will have to be removed from the game and House Demure will not be able to compete." Gulliver answers with a straight face

"Fine, all I ever wanted was to prove you wrong that day you sorted me into House Demure. So , I reinstate the court and you as advisor. But if you step out of line one more time I will tear this game part from the inside." Victoria says reluctantly as Johnathan began to pull her hair which she quickly stopped.

"We won't do wrong again. Your highness you have my word." Gulliver replied with sycophancy dripping from his words

"Very well , you are dismissed. Its time for Johnathan's nap and I have a two o'clock meeting with the Elis family with Francis." Victoria says as she gets up from the floor picking up Johnathan in the process.

"Your speaking to the Elise family." Gulliver states in shock

"I told you House Demure is flourishing dear Gulliver." Victoria says and opens the door for him to leave.