Chapter 26

He looked mad, and when I say mad I mean his face was red. The look Salem had could kill if we let it. "Now." His jaw was clenched and his eyes held rage. I hid my laugh as I turned my face into Kenai's chest, away from Salem's stare. Kenai was tense and alert. Another growl came from the group and I turned to see Ashton. His growls and Salem's hisses were loud, both her angry and i snickered. 

Kenai's hold tightened around my waist and he stood still, watching and waiting for their move. "Put her down!" Salem roared and took a step forward. I growled lowly at Salem, his eyes held shock as he looked at me. "He will not do as you say, as I will stay in his arms." I said to him, anger flooded to the surface and he hissed, "You are my mate!" Salem and Ashton both said at the same time.

I snarled at them both, anger replaced all other emotions in my body as I looked between them. Kenai, held me closer to his body and I welcomed the hold. "I am not either of your mates, you both rejected me in different ways." Hurt replaced my anger and I turned to Salem, "Go find your whore. And you!" I turned to Ashton, "Go find your lover." I tugged Kenai towards my brothers pack house and slammed the front door.

Many wide eyed wolves stared at me when I turned. I growled and they turned and went back to what they were doing. I found the head maid,  "I need this wolf put up for the night, tomorrow will be decided if he stays or goes." Kenai was right behind me, I could feel his body heat. She nodded and rushed off to god knows where.

"You didn't have to do that." Kenai whispered in my ear, his hot breath fanned over my ear. I shivered lightly and turned to face him, "it was necessary, my brother was always about making guests comfortable." I smiled softly and showed him around the pack house.

We came to a stop at my brothers study, I still had to decide if I was to take over the pack or not. I entered the study with Kenai following closely. The study smelled just like him, all his stuff was there. Sadness flowed through my body and a quiet whine came from me. I walked over to the black leather chair and ran my hand over the leather.

I smiled softly, his favorite. I sat in the chair and looked towards the big stack of papers that needed to be filed. I knew an omega would do it when I left the room but one document caught my eye. A small black envelop, it had been opened already. Inside was a letter addressed to my brother. Curiosity hit me and I opened it. I gasped loudly and dropped the letter, I was standing now and a second later Kenai was by my side.

His hands held me steady as I wobbled slightly. I turned to look at him, his face held worry and concern, I pushed him off me and distanced myself from him. A low growl came from me and he looked confused. "What is it Des?" He questioned me and I snarled, "What is it? What is it!?" I shouted at him, he nodded slowly.

I scrambled over to to my brothers desk and ripped his draw open, I pointed the gun containing silver bullets at him. His eyes went wide and he took a step forward, I clicked off the safety and dared him to move closer. "Destiny, relax and tell me whats wrong." He said quickly, I pointed to the letter, "read it." He slowly grabbed the letter and read it.

His brows furrowed and I kept the gun pointed at him. "Destiny, I know what this looks like, but you need to calm down." I glared at him, "I don't believe you." My voice cracked and I stepped back, I was chocking on my own tears. How did I let myself trust the man that was the reason my brother was dead. I wiped away my tears furiously "I..." I trailed off and looked at him.

He had a grimace on his face "Destiny, please." He pleaded me, "Please what?" I cried, "Please let me take you to my leader so he can decide what to do with you?" I questioned him and his face turned to hurt. "No.. I would never." He exclaimed. "I'd rather die," I bravely said and pointed the gun to my head, his eyes went wide and I sobbed and pulled the trigger.

Salem's POV

I froze, pain erupted in my chest and I dropped to the ground. Freya came running over and looked at me confused, "What's wrong?" She asked panicked. I shook my head, in too much pain to speak. I watched her face pale and she yelled at some people to get me and she ran away.

The pack house was chaos, people everywhere and I was left standing with Freya at a door. She opened it and my heart dropped, the pain set in more, the mutt was clutching onto Destiny, her face held pain, sorrow and fear as she held him. Then she looked at me and grimaced slightly, pain was twisted on her face and her eyes closed, and they both dropped to the floor together.