Chapter 15

The drive was long and Kate and I kept swapping driving. She insisted that we do not go back to my pack for at least a week or he could find us. I had mind linked my beta telling him to tell the ex beta to take control for a week. I was tired, closing my eyes every now and then, but I was afraid of a car crash again. Kate and I had stopped to get supplies for the cabin before we left his territory.

I told Kate that I had a cabin we could stay at, but I needed to go adopt that little boy soon I had forgotten all about him during my events with my 'mate' and I felt bad. I looked at Kate, the tiredness in her eyes from driving non stop for most of the night had caught up with her and she looked exhausted in the drivers seat.

"Kate." My words cut through the silence like a knife and she jumped a little. "Yeah?" She replied not talking her eyes from the road. "Pull over and you can get some rest while I drive, Besides we are nearing the cabin and I know how to get there." She nodded and slowly pulled over to the side of the road. She turned the car off and the humming of the engine stopped.

She looked at me, I could see the effects of abandoning her master was having on her, the bags under her eyes and the tiredness in them. I could see her pale complexion looking more drained than usual and I would need to let her feed soon.

She opened the car door and I did the same, we walked towards each other and I gave her a hug, "If I had known it would affect you so much I would never had asked you to come with me Kate." She shook her head, "No I wanted this now I shall deal with the consequences." I nodded and continued my way around the back of the car.

I paused and my senses went of full alert as I saw head lights in the distance. I rushed into the car and made sure no light was coming out of the car. Kate looked at me suspiciously but i shushed her before she could say anything. I crawled into the back seat and hid on the floor. I knew my actions were childish but I could not help the anxiety I felt.

I saw the look on his face when Kate and I drove away in his car, his face was murderous, I knew I had done wrong by my mate, but I didn't care. All I cared about was Kate's safety from her ex-master. He was a vampire, not to mention one of the cruelest vampires to ever walk the earth.

He was a monster, I had heard the stories of their kind. The hellish powers they unleashed in their fits of rage. I remember the story a member of the pack had told me, she said that a coven of vampires had destroyed a pack of 300 or more strong wolves in rage of how they had laughed at the vampires.

The car passed and and I made sure that it was no longer seen when I got back into the drivers seat. Kate raised an eyebrow at me but I brushed her off and started the car back up. The familiar roar of the engine was heard before I put it in gear and drove off. I drove for a further 30 minutes until I came to a stop at a secluded cabin in the woods. 

You would never know it was there unless you owned it. The road leading up to the cabin was hard to find and well hidden from hungry eyes. I turned the car off and opened my door, I looked at Kate's peaceful form, the rise and fall of her chest was even and she looked happy. I sighed and got out of the car, I walked up to the entrance of the cabin and unlocked the door.

I checked for any dangers and when I was satisfied I walked back to the car. I paused at the scene in front of me. Kate was asleep in the car and three male rogues were sniffing the car. Disgust on their wolf faces as they registered what Kate was. I growled at one of them who got to close. Their ears whipped around, looking for the source of the growl.

When their eyes landed on me two growled, I snarled at the ones that had growled at me. The other just looked at me, awe on his features as his companions growled and snarled. I ascended the stair and slowly made my way forward. 

I looked at Kate to see she had woken and fear flashed on her features. "Stay" I said into our link and she froze, staying still. I locked eyes with one of the rogues that had growled at her, keeping the other threat in sight. I was about to lunge at one when the third who had just looked at me stepped in my way. He shifted and I locked eyes with him, not looking any lower. He put some shorts on and stuck his hand out at me.

I knew confusion was on my face as he made this friendly gesture, "Hi Alpha, I am Cade Nicolai." I shook his hand, skeptically i responded, "Alpha Destiny De Firenze." His eyes lit up when I said my name. "Oh I know who you are." I raised an eyebrow at him. He was about to say something when Kate stepped out of the car, the sound of the door losing had the two other rogues whipping around to face her. Their growls were cut short when my daggers landed in front of their snouts.

Daring them to move, the looked at me. Shock on their faces, and Cade had a smirk on his face. "Well boys do you believe me now?" Cade said to the two other wolves. They nodded and I looked at Cade, I did not now him but he knew me. The name Nicolai was familiar, but I don't remember where from.

The two other males shifted and Kate came to stand at my side. She grabbed onto my hand in fear, I gave her a reassuring squeeze and faced the two other rogues. The glared at Kate, and I growled at them. "You act like a protective mate." Felan's annoying voice sounded in my head. 

The two males looked taken aback by my growl and my protectiveness over the Vampire. Cade smiled, these are my two brothers, Ash and Bates." He pointed at the both of them. Bates came forward and bowed to me, "I am sorry for the disrespect I showed earlier." I nodded rather confused at his actions.

Ash stayed in his place, a stoic expression on his face as he looked skeptically at the vampire to my right. Bates rose from his bow and then stood next to Cade. Cade glared at Ash when he did not come forward to greet me. Kate stood next to me, I could feel the fear coming of her in waves at the wolves standing before her.

I remembered that she had never seen a wolf before, so seeing three new ones that were not so friendly would shock her. "Cade." I addressed him, he turned to me, "Yes?" His tone was not harsh, it sounded hopeful. Hopeful for what I did not know.

"Why are you here, and acting friendly with me? If this is an act I suggest you drop the act." I growled at him. Fear flashed past his features but it was gone quicker than it had come. "Des!!" He whined and Felan growled at him. "He doesn't know us, HOW DARE HE SAY YOUR NICKNAME" Felan roared in my head.

I growled at him, annoyed with him, "How do you know me." He just smiled, not a cocky smirk a smile. "How could we not, your mother was an amazing woman." Awe was on his face as he spoke of my mother. I stifled a growl and fought Felans urge to rip him in pieces. "I fought alongside your mother during the war, as did my brothers." I gasped at his words.

Kate was confused and when she registered what he had said she backed away. Ash's eyes were on her instantly as he took a threatening step forward. I growled at him and stepped towards him. He looked at me and back up. Cade smiled again, "His smile is creepy, lets knock it off his face." Felan said. I laughed at her and she retreated to the back of my mind.

"Well then Cade, why are you here still?" I questioned him and he smiled, again. "Your mother sent us, before she died she gave us your name and told us where to find you. To be honest your one hard wolf to track but Bates is an excellent tracker." He stated rather proudly. I realized what he was talking about, my mother said that I would have powers. Urgency filled my body, "I must excuse myself. Please do not harm Kate or I will kill you, and make yourself comfortable in the cabin there is more than enough rooms for you all." I said and didn't wait for a response as I shifted and ran into the woods.