Chapter 24

Salem's POV

I came to Destiny's pack as soon as Freya called me. Her house was in ruins. There was smashed furniture everywhere, her curtains were torn to shreds, there was chunks of concrete lying on the ground. "What happened?" I asked Freya when she came running towards me. Her face held fear "Its Destiny, she's gone mad." My eyes instinctively searched for her.

She was no where in sight. Freya grabbed the remains of a picture that was barely intact. There was two older adults 1 male, 1 female, and two children, Destiny and a boy. "This was Destiny's family." She said as she clutched the torn picture.

The picture had claw marks running down it and the young boy could barely be seen. "What happened to make Destiny mad?" I asked her. She looked up at me, "She got a phone call in the night, she told me to make sure the rogues we captured were executed today." Freya looked down at the ground. 

I waited patiently for her to finish, "when we woke to prepare for the execution, they were already dismantled, their flesh was torn from their bones and blood was everywhere. We went to inform Des, but when we got here her house was destroyed. She's been gone since, that was about 2 hours ago." I looked at my watch, it read 10:37 am. 

"Gather anyone who will be prepared to fight and help restrain her. I will get reinforcements from my coven to help you." She nodded and scampered off to get what we required. I saw a  wolf near the trees and recognized it to be the male I fought with when Destiny jumped. He was large and was poised with his ears high listening for any sounds. 

I watched him walk away into the woods. I pulled my phone from my pocket and texted my friend. The text was short and brief telling him that he needed to bring vampires to help fight an enraged werewolf and calm her down. I knew he wouldn't let me down. They would be here in at least half an hour, all I had to do was find Destiny by then.

I saw Freya running back over to me and I turned towards her. I had recently found out her and an ex rogue named Bates were mates and I envied their love. Bates nodded to me and I ignored him turning my attention to Freya. "Well?" I asked her. She nodded her head, "everyone is prepared and at the ready. When will your coven arrive?" She said whilst looking around at the damage on Destiny's house.

"In about half an hour they will arrive." I said to her, her face fell, "Salem we don't have half an hour. Do you understand how much damage her and Felan could do to themselves let alone another pack?" She almost screamed at me. I ignored her disrespect, "Well I am sorry but I can't make them run any faster." She growled at me and I fought the urge to hiss at her.

I saw the wolf they called Ashton run from the forest and straight into our conversation. He shifted and ignored me only addressing Freya and Bates. I hissed at him and showed my fangs. He ignored me, "Freya, I saw her. She was in a dead sprint towards her brothers territory. The anger in her eyes was terrifying." He said the last bit quietly. I looked at Freya, her eyes were filled with urgency and Bates tried to comfort her.

"Go get Kate and make sure she is prepared to try and stop Destiny." She then turned to me, "Make your vampires get here now, or they can forget it." I nodded and called Cameron. He picked up, his voice was wild, "What?" He said sharply. "Get here now or don't come at all." I could hear him panting. "Fuck sake Salem, I'm running as fast as my legs will take me, why the fuck are you so bossy all the damn time, try smiling it wouldn't hurt." I hissed at his remark, "Just hurry up." He hung up on me and I turned back to Freya, "They are hurrying."

She nodded and looked at Bates, "Get the warriors, we leave as soon as the reinforcements get here." He nodded and ran off to god knows where. I looked at the woods, "Hold on Des we are coming."

Destiny's POV

Anger. The only thing that was running through my veins. My hair had changed to black, blue and white and I pushed my legs to go faster. I scented the air and could smell burnt wood.

As I stopped at my brothers territory I whimpered. I had felt the connection between us snap last night before the phone call. The phone call that broke my heart more.

My brothers beta Timothy had called me. I knew something was wrong when he called. He had told me about what happened we and I cried. I crossed the border and and whined when I couldn't feel my brother.

I ran fast to the pack house. I tripped and my heart stopped. My brothers body was being put in a casket. I shifted back and cried my eyes out. The pain of losing my parents came back and I cried harder.

Timothy came over and picked me up. "It's okay Destiny." Tim cooed to me. I grabbed his shirt and sobbed into it. I was happy that he held me. The tears wouldn't stop as I cried harder and harder. My hair had changed back and I fell asleep in his arms.

Timothy's POV

I felt her body slump in my arms. I looked down at her, she  looked at peace. I wiped away her fresh tears and sighed at the sight of her tear stained cheeks. I picked her up bridal style and carried her past Zane's body and up the steps of the pack house. When I walked past Zane's room sadness passed through my body. The pack is weak without its Alpha, everyone was in mourning.

An attack on us would destroy us. That is why I called Destiny, she always knew what to do. She always carried herself high and walked proudly where ever she went. I guess that is why I used to love her. A few years ago I fell in love with the woman I now hold in my arms.

I looked down at her and clutched her as if she was crystal. I opened my bedroom door and laid her on the bed, the loss of her warmth was upsetting. I went into my bathroom and went for a shower. I was thinking when I heard a scared howl come form a pack member. I turned off the shower and shifted forgetting my clothes. I ran past Destiny to see her fast asleep still and ran out the door.

Pack members joined me as I tracked the howl to the east side of the territory. A female named Lillian was standing stock still, eyes wide staring at a group of vampires and werewolves. They were not touching her, one werewolf female was trying to calm her.

I snarled and two members took Lillian back towards us. The female wolf stared at me, a male stood beside her. 'Why are you here?" I snarled after shifting back. "Where is our Alpha Destiny?" She questioned me. I realized her as Freya, the Beta of destiny's back. "She is safe. I will have people escort you to our pack house." I said and shifted and ran back to the pack house.

Salem's POV

I followed the wolves to their house. I told Freya to scent the air and locate Destiny. She whispered to me "Second floor west wing of their house." I nodded. When we got to the house the male that addressed us first started talking to Freya. "Where is the bathrooms?" I asked a female who was walking by.

She pointed, "Upstairs to the left." She winked and walked away. I smiled at her and walked up the stairs. I slipped to the right and followed the winding paths. I heard a noise behind a door and I walked inside the room.

I saw Destiny asleep and thrashing on a bed, I walked up to her and picked her up. She went still and her body relaxed as I rubbed her back. I held her and looked around the room. It belonged to a male and I hissed. I walked downstairs holding Destiny and the male that addressed us growled at me.

I hissed at him, "Put her down," He yelled at me. I simply shook my head, "I think I will hold my mate thank you very much." His eyes went wide and I saw anger on his face. He said something to Freya who nodded her head. He eyed me and left the house, "We all have assigned rooms for the night." Freya said and handed us a list.

I saw Destiny's name and saw it was under the males room she was already in. I hissed and took her to the room I was assigned to. It was around 2 pm and I decided to take a walk around their territory. I kissed Destiny on the forehead and walked out.

Vote, Comment, Share.