Chapter 11

I walked through the pack house towards my study, when I reached the doors Trent stood there and opened them for me, I slightly bowed my head at him in greeting and in thanks. The doors closed behind me and there stood 5 men and 2 women. 'Why do mean always get to be the highest strength ranking' Felan spat in my head, I giggled quietly and addressed the people in the room. 

"Today is the day that I choose the new beta and gamma, the rest of you will be chosen for other roles." They nodded. I looked over the 5 men, only one caught my eye, he was well built like the rest but he had that leadership radiating off him unlike the other men. I nodded at him, "State your name and ranking."He stepped forward "My name is Ryan, Rank is pack warrior. I nodded, "Step to the side please" He did as he was told and I looked at the women. 

Both had dominance radiating off them, but the smaller of the two caught my eye the most. Her stance was intimidating and she had a stoic face. I nodded at her, "Name and rank." She did not step forward only responded in a monotone voice. "Freya, Pack Patrol Scout." I nodded and motioned for her to stand with Ryan. She did so and I turned to the others. "Please see Trent for your new roles. 

They left and I looked at Freya and Ryan, "Ryan, Beat, Freya, Gamma." They nodded and I said they could leave and see the ex gamma and beta for jobs, after all they would be trained under the previous ones.

I sat in my office calming Felan as she was riled up for some reason. I had that feeling in my gut that something was wrong as well. But I couldn't go look as that would bring suspicion and then the pack would be uneasy. 

"Freya" I linked her

"Yes Alpha?"

"I have a bad feeling, take two warriors and scout the perimeter and send two other teams of 5 out. Also I need you to go to the cells and make sure a pack member named Kaylah is there, tell Trent to question her."

"Of course Alpha I will do it now." Her tone was strictly business and I closed the link. Felan wasn't calming down and I knew something was definitely wrong, I went into the draw and pulled out a small silver dagger. I lifted up my shorts and ran the blade across the soft skin of my thigh. The pain calmed me down as the silver entered my blood stream. Of course the silver didn't hurt me, in fact it had the opposite affect.

Ever since I was young and I couldn't calm down I would slice my skin with a silver blade to calm down. I know it was sadistic, and I should be put into a mental hospital because of it but it helped me. I put the blade away and closed the draw, I hope no one sees me doing that. I sighed, I had to go to school tomorrow and it was getting really late.

I left my office and made my way to my house, I grabbed out my keys and went inside making sure to lock the door behind me. I went upstairs to my room and sifted into my wolf. I decided that I was gonna sleep in wolf form at tonight so my self inflicted cuts and any other cuts would be healed by tomorrow. I closed my eyes and slipped into a troubled sleep.

-Destiny's mates POV-

I sighed and ran a hand through my already messy hair. I couldn't think straight Destiny was on my mind, she has bee since I saw her last. I was plain rude to her but that is how its got to be. My coven elders wont like the fact that she is my mate, werewolves and vampires dont get to be mates with each other. 

There was a knock at my study door and a mumbled a small 'come in', My best friend and second in command of the coven walked in. "Dude there was a large wolf spotted on our territory 10 minutes ago." My head snapped up "What colour was its fur?" "Grey and its eyes were green." I nodded and walked out with Cameron hot on my tail.

"Lets go, no time to waste its a threat" He nodded and we used our vamp speed to go to where our coven warriors were standing. Cam was right there was a large Grey wolf just sitting in the middle of the woods. It was weird, a wolf wouldn't come to our territory without back up and just sit there. We stayed completely still as 5 other large wolves of different colors came out of the woods. Then it clicked, the scars on its neck were the ones Destiny put there, this was the wolf she protected me from. 

He turned and locked eyes with me "Where is that bitch now Salem? She ain't here to protect you now." He smirked. At least another 30 wolves came to join him, there was way more of them than us, and I hissed at him. He lunged towards us, his wolves coming forth as well. I silently prayed that Destiny would come and help us. She was a strong fighter and her wolf was bigger than any I've seen in my entire life. I lunged at the wolves as well. 

-Destiny's POV-

I woke with a start. I was in the middle of the woods n wolf form still. "FELAN!", she laughed, 'Sorry I couldn't sleep so I made us go for a walk, we are near our mates territory.' She said lustfully. I sighed I couldn't be mad with her. I turned to walk away when snarls, growls and hisses were coming from the woods near my mates territory. I moved my body quickly towards the noises. My paws thudding loudly against the earth.

I could smell blood and what I saw was wolves ripping apart vampires and vampires killing wolves. I looked around frantically for my mate, and there he was he smashed two wolves heads together and killed another. I howled in greeting and his eyes snapped to me. A small sign of hope flashed through his eyes.

 I moved to the nearest wolf that was on top of a vampire and swiftly ripped the wolves head off. I looked at the vampire, his face had shock plastered on it and I bowed at him slightly. He nodded and went to help his friend. I growled at a wolf that lunged at me, I moved aside so it went barreling past me. Wasting no time I killed it and moved to help anther vampire. 

I looked over to see my mate and another vampire back to back fighting 4 wolves. I saw another wolf stalking towards my mate who was occupied. I growled loudly, loud enough for every wolf to snap their eyes at me, and the vampires to look at me in awe. My eyes zeroed in on my kill, everyone was staring at me, completely forgotten their fight, but that grey wolf was still stalking towards my mate.

I shifted back, everyone still watching me, my hand went to my daggers, but my daggers wouldn't sail properly so I grabbed the shank knife in my boot. "YOU!" I screamed at the wolf, he looked at me "Goodbye" I smirked and let the blade sail through the air, my mates eyes went wide as it sailed past his face and embedded itself deep into the grey wolfs forehead. I growled lowly at every wolf, daring them to move.

I strutted past everyone and inspected the now dead wolf, I recognized him as the Alpha that tried killing my mate previously. I growled at the wolves "Leave and never return or stay and witness your comrades die,, and then feel yourself die with them, go back to your pathetic pack and tell your beta Alpha Destiny De Firenze Killed your Alpha. I smirked as they turned tail and ran.

I looked at my mate and the rest of the vampires. They were staring at me in awe, some had fear on their face, others looked like they wanted to kill me. I walked to my mate, receiving hisses from other vampires. "Your welcome" I said to him. "Thank you very much." He nodded then extended his hand to me "My name is Salem, Salem Bates." I put my hand in his and ignored the tingles, "Destiny, Destiny De Firenze." After a strong hand shake we released. 

He turned his head to a man next to him "Cameron please take Miss De Firenze to our coven house, she is to be treated like a high guest and no one shall disrespect her. Is that clear?" The power radiating from him and the dominance in his voice made my knees weak, but I refused to appear weak in front of the other Vampires. Cameron nodded and motioned for me to follow him, The other vampires had already gone and as I was walking away I felt him watching my every move.