Chapter 10

BOOK RECOMMENDATION!! The book is titled 'The heat inside' The author is @LlamaoRhama I took the time to read the first installment of the book and from what I read it is definitely worth your time. Please check it out.

After running in wolf form for hours when I finally made it to my pack boarders. I shifted and made my way to my new office, I slammed the door closed indicating to everyone not to disturb me. I sighed as I looked at the huge filing cabinets lining the walls. The woman's death would have been updated by the pack filer, so I skimmed through the recent files till I saw my name on one, with another woman's name. I grabbed the file and skimmed through it.

Lilly-Anne Rose Charles
Time of death: 12:13am
Cause of death: Car crash
Reason of incident: Wasn't paying attention to the road as she slammed into another vehicle.

Declan Carter Charles
Still alive, all immediate family deceased. Adoption being filed, through Charlies adoption agency and orphanage. Adoptee is a werewolf. Not shifted. Alpha linage from the Black horn pack. Being adopted by Alpha Destiny De Frienze.
-No other information available, please see the werewolf council for more information-

I sighed, the little boy was from the Black horn pack. That pack was recently taken by rogues and we were not allies, their allied packs turned on them and let the pack be killed. No one survived except the Luna and her son. Well now just her son. I wonder if he knows, I let the tears fall, if I wasn't driving they would still be with each other. Felan growled at me, "it wasn't your fault Des" I nodded. I put the file away and turned to the massive pile of paper stacked on the beautiful mahogany desk. I should probably get started with that. I sat in the chair and committed to the papers.

-TIME SKIP-

I grabbed the last paper on the desk, and skimmed over it. Bills Blah, Blah, Infiltration of packs, blah, blah, I stopped what? I growled as I read the section under those words. 

Recently there was attacks placed on packs, Rogues have disguised themselves and infiltrated packs, pack member Lucy Lillian Jewels from the Howling Carter pack is to be on watch. She has been missing ever since rogues attacked The Black Horn Pack and is prime suspect of the packs infiltration. If she is seen please put in jail and call the queens guard immediately.

Signed Your Majesty The Queen

I growled, this girl is the reason that a pack was brought to its knees and slaughtered. She was to be dealt with, I growled, she could be in my pack and changed her name. PACK MEETING NOW I roared in everyone's mind link. I got a few yes Alphas and a few whimpers. I sighed, and walked out of my office to where we had pack meetings.

I entered the large grassy area and stood on the perfectly carved rock that the Alpha stands on. I read the paper to the pack making sure I kept close eyes on people who looked nervous I saw a group of young girls huddling together nervously and shot them a look.One lowered her eyes desperately trying to avoid my gaze. 

I skimmed my gaze over the rest of the pack and watched as two boys attempted to leave the meeting. I nodded at my two best warriors and they went over and grabbed the boys and took them to the cells. The beta and two other warriors grabbed the girls and followed them. I disbanded the pack and made my way to the cells.

The smell of disinfectant was strong, we always made sure cells were kept tidy and disease couldn't be spread between prisoners. I stopped in front of a set of twin doors. Opening them I saw 3 girls and 2 guys tied to the wall. I growled and bared my teeth at them. They lowered their head, the doors opened and closed behind a large and muscly blonde haired man named Trent. Trent did the torturing of the pack rogues. I did like the rush of the kill and I had my mothers sadistic sense of loving the pain on peoples faces.

I turned my attention to the 5 people hanging on the wall. "I have one question. You are to answer it with all honesty or you will be punished" I motioned to Trent who was sharpening knives in the corner. The pack members gulped, they had all heard of Trent. "Now my question, Why were you looking nervous during the meeting about rogues, do any of you have an affiliation with them or covering for someone?"

No one spoke. I scanned everyone in the room, two of the girls looked confident, the other was desperately trying to avoid my gaze. The boys looked scared, I made my way towards the girl who had fear radiating off her. "What is your name?" She gulped "K-Kayla." I moved her head so she was looking at me, "Well Kayla tell me why your so nervous." I let Alpha tone leak into my demand. 

She whimpered "M-my mum, she works with the rogues, telling them ways to get in the pack. They threatened to kill my brother." I growled, their family are traitorous, but I see where the mother was coming from. I looked at Trent and nodded my head, I stepped back and watched as her face went pale. "p-please Alpha please don't do this PLEASE" She screamed and thrashed as Trent moved towards her, I looked one of the males that was pulling at the chains "NO!" He screamed at Trent, "DON'T DO IT." his eyes were looking around wildly.

They were both screaming as Trent unchained her and dragged her to a cell. We heard the door slam shut and her wails through the prison. The male was crying now and his wrists were hissing against the silver cuffs. I growled at him and he stilled, "Trent!" I barked. He came in, "Take this male to the pack doctor get his wrists healed and assemble the highest ranks of the pack, it is time I choose a new beta and gamma." He nodded and grabbed the male off the wall and dragged him out.

I turned to the remaining people left of the wall, "Say anything about this meeting and I will kill you, understand," I growled at them. They nodded and two men came in and set them free. I sighed and sat near the table of weapons. I grabbed a knife and played with the blade. The blade smoothly sliced through my skin and blood rushed to the surface, I smiled as it surfaced to heal the wound.

I could feel Trent in my head telling me that people were assembled and waiting for my arrival. 'Time for the future to come at his finest isn't that right Des?' I nodded ' Yes Felan time to shine as strongest pack.' She growled in agreement and we made our way to meet the future beta and gamma.