Chapter 22

I could feel the restlessness of the pack as their Alpha stood on the arena grounds opposite her challenger. The pain I had yesterday was no longer there as my healing had gone well. I could still feel the silver in my veins as I was glared at by my challenger. 

I kept my face void of all emotion. I could feel Kate's fear through our bond and I attempted to sooth her. The brothers sat with her and tried to comfort her with I could feel Ash's heated gaze travel over my body.

"Kai Hughes, you have challenged the Alpha for her title and position in the pack. This will be a fight to the death or until one submits. Begin." Freya yelled so everyone could hear her. Kai wasted no time in running forward to attack me

His claws lengthened and he went for a fatal shot. It was a cheap move and his actions were sloppy and I evaded his claws. He growled and ran at me again. I dropped to the ground as he went sailing over me.

I gave him no wounds or grazes and just let him tire himself out. His attempts to injure or maim me proved futile. I was beginning to become bored and I let him see that. He became frustrated and backed off to the side. I sat on the ground and picked at my nails, he went over to a corner and I watched as a pack member came over to him.

He sharpened his claws and teeth on the sharpening stone and then grabbed what his friend had bought over. I saw the glare that the sun gave off the shiny object. I realized it was a knife and growled. I barely managed to stand as he threw it at me.

The blade pierced my skin and embedded itself deep in my shoulder muscle. I guess he must have forgot that I was immune to silver and that it makes me stronger because he laughed and stood over me, "Lets see you heal with silver." I smirked at him, "Jokes on you dear." I rolled away from him and pulled the blade from my skin.

I groaned in pain and threw it away. He shifted and ran at him, his teeth caught my arm and I grimaced. I let my claws elongate and put them into his back. He howled in pain and I twisted my hand. Kai was sloppy and always thought he was better than me.

I knew all his tricks and moved when he went for my leg. He was boring me and I shifted and tore a chunk of his skin from his side. His metallic blood invaded my mouth and an urge to swallow it frightened me.

When Hades said I would change I knew that I would become easily angered and more aggressive in fights, but the smell of blood thrilled me. I spat his blood out and countered his attack by putting my claw into his chest.

"Submit" I growled in his head. He defied me and attacked again. I pinned him and bit down hard onto his throat, I shook my head and waited for him to submit. He yelped in pain as I bit harder. I could see members move inward slowly and I growled in warning. I could also see Salem among the crowd with his vampire guards. Freya had him in the guest area and I was confused.

Kai whimpered then growled and two members came in to restrain me. Kai shifted "You are never fit to be Alpha" He screamed and stabbed me with a concealed dagger. My head swirled and I growled, this wasn't allowed, this was cheating. The anger consumed me and I growled. I grabbed his head and smashed it into me knee, then I attacked them men holding me.

Salem POV

I watched on with concern but remembered  the time when she killed the rogues. She was a weapon and I could see her holding back from hurting them too bad. Anger built up inside me when I was restrained, I knew they were taking precautions but I didn't want her to get hurt. Even if she didn't like me and I didn't want her, it hurt to see her in pain.

Her eyes went white and she growled lowly. The sound of a command hung in the air as they slowly released her and backed away. She turned her gaze to the male who had stabbed her. Her eyes held rage and disgust at the male below her.

She shakily took her hands from her waist where she has been stabbed, her hands had blood on them and the wound was already closed. Her growl made members kneel before her. She forcefully made the male stand up. She growled loudly at the sight of his face, "Cheater." Was all she said.

I saw her claws elongate and she put them to his throat, he begged and begged and his begging was silenced when his head rolled off his shoulders and hit the floor. Many peoples shocked gasps sounded through the air. I stood there slightly shocked myself. I looked at her pack members to see horror on their faces.

She cut everyone's murmuring off when her voice sounded through the air, "I am the Alpha." She growled and dared anyone to challenge her. Her eyes singled out every person individually. "I dare anyone to challenge me. Next time I will kill on sight and not play around." She growled and many people responded with a nod or a 'yes Alpha.'

Her eyes found mine, a chill went down my spine when I looked into her cold, emotionless eyes. She nodded to Freya who started to escort us out. I saw people leaving and I broke free of the crowd to run to Destiny, she was crouched near the males dead body admiring her work.

I put my hand on her back and loved the sparks that came from our touch, she tensed under my touch and turned slowly to me. "Hey." I said and immediately regretted it. "Hello" she said with no emotion. I smiled at her, and she just stood there. 

I noticed that we were alone now and I moved closer to her, she tensed further. I moved my hand down from her shoulder to her waist and pulled her close. I tucked away a loose strand of hair and hugged her tightly. "I love you." I whispered.