Chapter 12

Destiny's dress above

I was walking behind Cameron and nothing was being said. You could cut through the tension with a knife. The familiar house came into view and it was as beautiful as ever and I felt bad about smashing the window on my last visit. 'I thought vampires lived in grotty old broken houses.' Felans comment made me giggle and I received a weird look from Cameron. I kept my head held high as we entered the first floor of the house. 

Vampires gave me dirty looks and I let my scent flow out of my body. A group of maids gave me a dirty look and coiled away from my scent. I bared my teeth at them and they scattered like rats. Felan gave an evil laugh as they ran. I followed Cameron till we stopped at a set of dark wood doors. He opened them for me and I walked through with him following. 

As I admired the room Cameron explained that 2 maids will be up soon with fresh clothes and to assist me with anything I needed. He was walking out but stopped and faced me, "Destiny, how do you know my master?" I turned my eyebrow arched at him, "Ask him." He nodded and left me to be at peace in the beautiful room.

I laid on the bed, the thick blanket consuming my body like a pack of hungry wolves. I looked at what I was wearing. My black green day tee was covered in brown mud and my grey tracksuit pants were covered in mud as well. I sighed as I made my way to the connecting bathroom, I was about to open the door when there was a knock at the bedroom doors. 

My hand rested on the hilt of my right dagger and I opened the door. A tall pretty woman with strawberry blonde hair was standing there. She had a huge smile on her face and I found it slightly intimidating. "Hello Miss De Firenze!" She practically yelled at me, "Uh Hi?" My response sounded more like a question than an answer. She smiled again, "My name is Kate, I was told to come here by master Cameron, I am to help you prepare for tonight's dinner." I nodded and stepped aside so she could enter.

My hand relaxed slightly against the hilt of my dagger. She moved around the room and went into the closet. "Whats your dress size?" She yelled from the closet. "I don't know, I dont really wear dresses." She came out with a measuring tape and started touching me and taking all the measurements. I growled when she got too close to my daggers.

Her smile faltered and she coiled away from me. Fear replaced her smile and she stepped back. "You are werewolf not vampire." she said in disbelief. "Well no shit way to state the obvious. Look out everyone detective Kate is on the case!" I said with sarcasm in my tone. Her smile reappeared, "Can you shift for me? Please I have never seen a real werewolf." I cautiously looked at her.

She had hope on her face, I sighed and shifted for her. A gasp was heard and she came over to me,she hesitantly moved her hand to my fur, she paused looking at me for permission. I nodded and she started to play with my fur. Awe was plastered on her face as she sat there playing with my fur. 

"Wow your so soft, I was told wolf fur was mangy and coarse." I growled at the insult. She moved back and I shifted back. She resumed taking measurements and then came out with a red dress. I shook my head. "Uh uh, I ain't wearing that." She scowled at me, "Put the damn thing on."

I huffed in annoyance and took the dress from her. I went into the bathroom and stripped out of my dirty clothes. I waited a minute for the water to reach the temperature I wanted and then stepped under the water. I used the body wash provided and let the lemon scent invade my nostrils.

The hot water calmed my tense and aching muscles. I washed my dirty hair with the shampoo and conditioner provided as well. Once i was done, I grabbed a black fluffy towel and dried myself off. I put my hair in a towel and dried that letting the messy strands hang loose. I slipped the tight dress on and struggled to reach the zipper. I growled in annoyance and walked out of the bathroom.