Chapter 21

Pain, it was everywhere, my legs, my arms, my head and my heart. Darkness, the black void I had become familiar with was around once again. Only this time made no sound, no fear was with me. I sat down on the black floor, amazed at how quiet it was. I felt calm and at home in the blackness.

I knew I would wake up soon, Felan used the last of her energy to shift back and then she fell asleep. The exhaustion was overwhelming and I fell asleep in the black void. I opened my eyes to see the hospital room, I saw Ash asleep on the ground and Kate asleep at the end of my hospital bed.

I moved slowly so I didn't wake her and put my feet on the ground. Pins and needles shot up my feet I groaned in pain and decided that I was going to stay in the bed. Boredom hit me hard and I twiddled my thumbs. I could hear Ash and Kate's steady breathing and it calmed me. 

My chest tightened and my throat burned. I tried to cry out in pain but nothing came out. I grasped at my throat to try and get air. I was slowly starting to fade, the pain in my chest was unbearable and I hit the nurse button repeatedly. Nurses and doctors came into the room, they grabbed me and restrained me. They put a drip into my skin, I could see the substance draining quickly as it was absorbed into my skin.

My eyes became heavy and I forced them open, Kate grabbed my hand, "Just close your eyes, it's okay." She said. I disobeyed her and sighed in relief when I could breathe again. I looked around the room and thanked the nurses and doctors. I noticed Ash had been removed from the room.

I attempted to stand but was held down by a nurse and Kate. I growled at them, "let me go." They both shook their head and I snarled at them. I thrashed around and more nurses came to hold me down. I eventually gave up and laid there, the nurses gave me instructions, and I ignored them.

As soon as the nurses left and Kate had gone back to my house I put my feet on the floor. The pins and needles shot up my legs and I gripped the bed. I put some weight on my legs and instantly regretted it. I cried out in pain but I refused to give up. I sat on the bed and shifted into my wolf. The shift was painless and I stood up on the bed. Pins and needles were shooting up my legs but I pushed on.

I jumped off the bed and yelped when I came in contact with the floor. I walked very slowly to the door. I had some trouble opening the door but when I finally got it I poked my head out of the door looking for anyone who would put me back in that horrible bed.

My paws were so sore and my legs burned with every step I took. I considered going back but I kept going on. The doors to the hospital were only a few more steps away. I pushed my head onto the doors and sighed in relief when they opened. I was exhausted, I guess being in a coma for a few days really takes it out of you.

The air was crisp and I could feel the chill in the wind. I sniffed the air, there was many pack scents and one that caught my attention. I decided that I should stretch my bones, as much as it hurt I went off into a run.

The pain that shot up my legs was horrible but I couldn't care less, I relished in the run and Felan came to join me. We were having heaps of fun until I was knocked off balance by another wolf. I got up and growled at my attacker to see Ash standing there. He was shocked to see me and came to help me. I snarled at him, when I looked at him my heart hurt.

I remembered when he said he loved another, he looked at me, sadness on his features. I growled at him and went to walk away. He stood in front of me and went to touch my head. I snapped at his fingers when he got to close. 

He withdrew his hand "Destiny come here." He motioned for me to come to him and opened his arms wide. I growled at him and backed away shaking my head. "He rejected us." Felan cried in my head. I shook my head and turned to leave, I ignored the pain in my legs and continued away from him.

Every step I took away made my heart hurt. I was confused, why did I have two mates? What did I do wrong to suffer the heart break? I kept walking, I knew I needed my mate I just wasn't sure which one. I knew Ash had left and I stopped. I took to the base of a tree and laid my head on my paws. 

I let my sadness take over. The pain, the fear, the wryness all swirled in my head, I was a bad Alpha, a horrible mate and an even worse friend. I felt the tears fall, soaking the fur under my eyes. Why? I asked the skies.

I sighed and made my way through my forest. My guard was down and my vision blurred by tears. The pain in my legs was worse than before and I stood on a sharp rock. I yelped in pain and my legs gave out from under me. I tumbled to the floor with a loud yelp. I looked around and sniffed the air to see I had wandered off pack territory.

I knew I wasn't safe and in the condition I was in I knew I wasn't able to defend myself. I laid there, I howled a sorrowful howl and laid my head on my paws. Felan was howling in my head, she let all her pain come forth and I knew she had given up on mates, I had as well. 

Felan and I both agreed that we were stronger. We were strong enough to overcome this. With great effort I managed to stand on my wobbly legs. I stumbled through the forest, using the trees as cover and leaning posts. I shifted back into my human form and kept walking. I held onto the trees for support as I made my way slowly back to pack territory.

I heaved myself with great effort towards the tree line. I had tried to reach my pack members, only to be blocked. I was angry and upset. And Felan had agreed that from now on we show no emotion. The pack had always wanted a strong and fierce leader like my mother, and now they have one.

With much effort I pretended to not be hurt as I marched my way through the pack house. I received many looks from pack members and they each got a cold look in return. I walked into my office to see a young member named Kai. He was talking with my Beta and Third and basically commanding them.

I could see that they had tried to replace me as they thought I wasn't waking up again. I knew I had been out for more than one week. I growled and their heads snapped in my direction. Kia had always been cocky and arrogant and always wanted the Alpha title.

He walked towards me "Ah Destiny." I growled, "I think you forgot the 'Alpha' bit Kai." I said. He shook his head, "No I am the Alpha now." I laughed in his face. "You cannot be the Alpha even if the council approves, you have to challenge the Alpha for the title." I stated. He looked at me with shock, I guess he hadn't thought of that.

I kept my face emotionless except for the occasional sarcasm. "I-I will challenge you, in fact, I kai Hughes challenge you Destiny De Firenze for the Alpha title." He stuttered. I nodded, "Challenge accepted." His face went pale, I knew he was scared I could feel the fear radiating off him. I nodded and moved to the side so everyone could get out of my office.

The whole pack could feel the tension of the Alpha being challenged and the fight would be tomorrow. I sat on the chair and shuffled through my draws. My mother kept small amounts of silver in the draws. Silver made us weak, but my mother and I had a tolerance to it. 

Silver had the opposite affect on me, it made me stronger and allowed me to heal faster. I found the canisters and opened one. I drank the metallic liquid silver and felt my bones become stronger. I shifted into my wolf and allowed my body to heal with the help of the silver. 

I heard Kate enter the room and sit in front of me. I nodded in acknowledgement and she did the same. We sat in a comfortable silence, neither breaking it. I soon fell asleep and Kate fell asleep with me. I dreaded the events of tomorrow knowing that i had to show complete dominance over my pack and show them their new Alpha.