chapter 34

Alex's pov

I woke up the next morning and groaned since I was laying on my bad arm. I lifted it up from under my ribs which also hurt from my hand being there... this day is not starting off well. I went to rub my eyes and when I did I felt something wet and and hard on my face. I whipped it off from underneath my eyes and saw that it was dried tears. when was I crying? did I cry in my sleep? I then looked down at my side and remembered the photo that Tyler gave me last night before he had to leave. I picked it up and just stared at it.

"good morning Jessica" I quickly looked over towards the door and saw Dr. Freeman standing in the door way. "would you like to have briefest before your speech therapy?"

I shrugged but then nodded my head since I was a bit hungray and thirsty. I didn't eat anything yesterday and since i'm use to eating a little bit, I started to feel a bit hungry. he nodded his head and smiled before saying a quick 'be right back' and leaving. I put the photograghy under my leg just so know one sees it. I don't want it being taken away from me again... it was horrible enough the last time...

it was when lizzie took me and I woke up and I was being dragged to the basement by lizzie. I remember her throwing me to the ground and I screamed a bit in pain and then she kicked me in the stomach to make me shut up. I started crawling on the ground trying to get away from lizzie and I did since she was walking over to the other side of the basement. she dragged another girl over towards me, she was blonde and looked to be 8 years old possibly. lizzie threw the girl beside me and the girl started to cry a bit.

"please don't hurt her.. she didn't do anything. she's innocent!" the girl cried to lizzie. I started to curl up in the cornor wishing the there was a trap door or something there to make me disapper and get away from here.

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU LITTLE SHIT! NO ONE SAID YOU COULD TALK!"

I whimpered more and dug myself closer to the wall. 

"I hope you two have fun down here together... you'll be here for a looooong time"

lizzie smirked at us and then left up the stiars. the door slammed closed and the basement became really hot, really quick. the girl that was right beside me turned towards me and looked at me.

"so whats your name?" she asked.

"A-Alexis" I said a bit scared. I didn't know if this girl was going to hurt me or not.

"oh. mines Brittney but you can call me Britt... and the name lizzie gave me is Jordan." 

the girl rolled her eyes and shook her head. I nodded my head at her not really wanting to talk... but she did.

"so where you from?" she asked turning and sitting in front of me.

"um.. Robinson.." the girl looked at me in surprise.

"cool! I live there to.. well lived." she said looking down sadly. "I know you've only been here for 10 minutes but... how badly do you want to go home?"

"a lot.. I miss my family" I said bring my knees up and hugging them.

"is that them?" 

Brittney pointed towards the floor near my leg. I looked over and saw that she was picking up a photo. I looked over and saw a picture of me and my brother. I guess it fell out of my pocket.

"yea... that's me and my brother Tyler"

she smiled at it and handed it back to me. I was about to put it back in my pocket but a hand caught onto my wrist really tight. I screamed in pain as the photo was ripped from my hands. I looked up and a boy was standing there with the most angry face I have ever seen.