chapter 9

(alex's pov)

I held the knife to my wrists and slid the knife across adding presser so the blood poured out. it hurt a little but it still felt good. it eased away my pain.. I then did the same to the other wrists. you should do this more often.. my mind spoke. I then took the knife and put it up to my neck. I pressed it to my neck harder as I gulp.. goodbye everyone.. I dragged the knife but it only made an inch of a cut when the knife flew out of my hands and to the back wall of the basement making a loud sound when it hit the wall and rung when it hit the floor. I looked up at Britt with tears in my eyes that I didn't even know were streaming down my face until she whipped them. she also had tears streaming down her face as she looked at me with sadness and shock.

"why would you do that?" she whispered to me.

she got up and ran to the bed and got the white board. she came back and handed it to me. I started to write but I don't even know if you could read it well since my hands were shaking so bad.

'everyone wants me dead so I should just go die'

Britt gasped. "w-who told y-you this?"

'everyone'

Britt pulled me into a hug but I just lied their limp in her arms. there was still blood on my arms and hands so I whipped them on my pants getting my blood on them. I sighed as Britt let me go. i stood up and walked over to the bed and just sat there on the edge of it.

"do you want me to-"

I cut off Britt by shaking my head and pushing her away from me. she sighed to a went back over to the bed. I lied back down to after a while of sitting there. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again but I couldn't. all of the events that happened replayed in my mind so I kept my eyes open. I lifted up my arms and looked at my wrists that were all bloody. I cringed at it and walked up the stairs well kind of limped still. I knocked on the basement door and put my ear up to it. I didn't hear anything. I knocked again and still no answer. I knocked on the door really hard this time and it only took a few seconds for bounding foot steps to come towards the door. the door swung open almost making me fall over and I looked up to see a half naked lizzie smoking a cigarette...... ok GROSS!

"what do you want bitch?!" lizzie spat at me angry. I held up my wrists and should her hoping that she would let me get a rag or something even though I know that she wouldn't care. she looked down at them and smirked and laughed. "what do you think that I would care what you do to your self? well bitch I could care less."

she laughed again and she was about to move away from the door when she stopped and turned back she grabbed me and stabbed her cigarette into my arm.. right into one of my cuts. she did that revealingly as I sit there and cry in pain. she let me go while laughing and pushed me down the steps. I didn't catch myself this time so I tumbled all the way down. I coughed a bit but then just lay there. the burning pain in my wrists increase and I start to cry harder. how did Britt not wake up from that? I sighed and just lied their looking up at the ceiling crying still in pain. I really hate my life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with my eyes all crusty and my face wet with dried tears. I looked down at my wrists and there was a huge burnt mark there. I hissed as I touched it. I let a few tears slip and got up and got ready for school. I put on a jacket and stool a pair of Britt's worn out jeans. I put my hair up since I have no idea where the nasty old brush went. I limped up the stairs and waited for the door to open. when it did lizzie opened it up and smirked down at me.

"hows your wrist?" she asked in a baby tone. I glared at her which she didn't like. she then took hold of my arm but I tried to hold it back but she was a bit quicker. she moved her hand down to my wrist and pulled my sleeve up and looked down at my burn. some of the cigarette ash was stuck in the cuts which is why my wrist is still burning a bit. she awed at me faking before raising her hand up in the air. I tried to pull away before she could do something but she still hit my wrist SMACK hard. I cried out in pain and that's when Britt came up the stairs looking shocked an mad.