chapter 15

(alex's pov)

I woke up to a really hard hit to the side of my face. I opened my crusty eyes and looked up to see lizzie standing there.. with just underwear on. what a wonderful sight to wake up to.

"get up were leaving in a hour!" she screamed to me while she was going up the stairs. I looked over to were Britt was sleeping last night and she sat there up against the wall looking at nothing.. I crawled over to her and tapped her. she didn't do anything but blink.

"we should go now before we get in trouble by lizzie" Britt said quietly

she finally looked over at me slowly. she was acting like she was on drugs of some sort. I gave her a concerned and questioning look which she ignored and tried to get up from her spot on the ground. she walked over to the stairs slowly like an old person with weak knees. I guess shes really tired and weak.. we haven't eaten anything for a while so I don't blame the weakness that she has. I got up from my spot and followed her to the stairs and helped her up them. once we got to the top the door swung open and there stood 'fred'. he grabbed me and Britt and dragged us down the hallway then threw us in the car once we were outside.

Britt put her seat belt on as I just crawled up onto the seat wanting to just sleep. soon I heard a car door open and I looked up to see max and Jacob getting into the back of the car. max looked at me and Britt and sighed before reaching in his bag that he had and took out a plastic bag that had sandwich's that looked like it was made from a 5 year old, and tossed one to Britt then one to me with a mini water bottle thing. Britt ripped opened the bag and devoured the food quickly. max looked at her in shock. then he slowly turned to me who was nibbling on the sandwich.

"how long has it been since you to have been feed?" max asked slowly. I shrugged me shoulders and took a drink of the water. "Britt?" Britt slowly turned her head in max's direction. "how long has it been since you two ate something?" Britt looked like she was thinking for a second and answered.

"probably almost a full week." she said taking a drink of her water also.

my eyes widened. I guess it really has been a week almost. I didn't think it was that long ago though.. I turned my head towards max and he looked between me and Britt with a really shocked and sorrow filled face. I rolled my eyes not seeing a big deal.

"h-how do you guys stand that long without any food?!" max yelled with Jacob nodding his head.

"I don't know and why the hell do you care!" Britt yelled

max sighed and just leaned back into his seat looking out the window which my gaze followed and saw lizzie and 'fred' walking out the door and towards the car. lizzie got into the drivers seat and 'fred' got into the other. the car started moving and down the long rocky dirt road onto a highway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan's pov

me and Tyler walked down the driveway of Jessica's house and onto the sidewalk. I looked over at Tyler who was looking down at the ground. I sighed and bumped his shoulder which made him look up at me. he looked depressed and a bit angry almost.

"what's wrong?" I asked as he looked at the ground for a second then looked a head of us.

"they was something familiar about jess's 'mom'' he put his fingers up and did air quotes when he had said mom.

"why the air quotes around mom"

Tyler stopped which made me stop. he turned towards me and looked be in the eyes as he spoke.

"didn't you see it Ryan? the lady didn't even look like Jessica.. she looked just like my mom." he said that last part really slowly. I looked at him and saw tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "I-I just want my sister back man. that's all" he whispered as his voice cracked at the end. I didn't know what to say when I saw tears dripping down his face. I pulled him in for a hug as he hugged me back.