chapter 30

Alex's pov

we all just stood there looking at Jacob.. the lady left the room after doing something to him an then leaving. none of us moved... the only sound was the beeping of the machine that was right next to him and the sound of air being let in and out, like blowing up a balloon and then letting it go.

"h-how did t-this h-happen?" Britt asked stuttering.

"I guess I s-should tell you two.."

"tell us what?"

I looked over at Britt and max and saw her looking right at max with an angry and confused look. max looked down and then back towards Jacob. he sighed for the millionth time and looked back towards me and Britt.

"lets go back to my room..."

max whispered to us. we all started to slowly leave the room and back down the hallway and towards the elevator thing. that was a quick trip. the doors opened and we all stepped in and hung onto the railing the whole ride down. once we got to max's floor, we all walked out and went straight to his room. me and Britt sat in the same couch that we were sitting in earlier and waited for max to start talking.

"Jacob is in a coma because he got shot. I could have saved him but I was to dumb to." max looked over towards Britt and stared at her shoulder that had the bandage around it. "and I can see you took the first shot.."

"I only heard one though.." Britt said a bit confused.

I shook my head. I heard two gun shots before the sirens and then I blacked out. the only thing I really remember was running as fast as i could.. I really thought that I was going to die that day. lizzie could have killed us all and she didn't... she had many opportunities to do so but it never happened.

"no there was two. i saw lizzie starting to fire the gun at random places. i was going to run up to her and make her stop but then she shot Jacob. i was also going to help Alex but i saw her pointing the gun..." max said sounding like he was going to cry any second.

"how old were you when you were kidnapped?" Britt asked.

"5, just like you both. me and Jacob were best friends before we were both taken from a park by lizzie. Fred was with her and he drugged us to make us stop screaming.. i remember that day pretty clear"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

max's (nick's) pov

"-... i remember that day pretty clear" i said in a hushed tone.

i remember me and Jacob just running around the park. it was behind our house and our parent could see us. plus my oldest cousin Sarah was there watching us. she was chasing around my little brother when we were taken. i don't know how she didn't hear our screams. i was looking right at Jacob the inter time scared. i remember seeing lizzie around town.. always eyeing me down.

she creped me out badly and Jacob as well. when we were taken, Fred did drug us to make us fall asleep and stop screaming. when we woke up we were in the same basement that Alex and Brittney were put into. until i was 7 and Jacob 8, that was when Brittney was taken and brought down to the basement. next was Alex and i was then 8 and Jacob 9..

we were let out of the basement and then threatened to abuse Alex and Brittney. i didn't want to and neither did Jacob but we were forced to.. we could have stopped out self from doing it but lizzie whipped us until we agreed. i was a bit angry that i had to take the pain for standing up for the little girl but when we got to the basement we slapped, kicked, punched, pulled hair, did anything to them.

i felt bad for doing it and would cry after i realized what i did and lizzie would just laugh at me. i don't know why lizzie told everyone that we were her kids. i mean.. we didn't even look alike. i have brown hair and Jacob has black and lizzie has blonde.