chapter 4

(Alex's pov)

after max and Jacob left I stayed up thinking.. why would they be this nice to us? I mean they abused us for 4 years... 4. fucking. years! and now they decide to be nice to us?! doesn't that seem a bit strange? It does to me.. max has always been the asshole along with Jacob who is also the perv here. I just cant see why they would be nice to us.. I know we will get hurt if we believe them.. they will hurt us. I can feel it. Britt might not feel it to but I most sertinly do.. they watched us get beat up and abused and they just stood there or helped. they called us dirty names all the time. but they just now started to be nice to us?? yeah i'm not going to let this go. its just to strange for them to do that.. don't you think?

(Britt's pov)

after max and Jacob left I feel asleep. or so Alex thought. I just lied there thinking about the boys.. they were so nice to us today! sure they abused us a lot the past 4 years but I except their apologie. but if hey want Alex to trust and believe them then they will have to do a lot. she thinks that its just a trick but I don't get how its a trick.. why would they do that? shes just over thinking this to much. If I believe them.. so should she.

I started to drift into sleep but the but the basement door opening woke me up once again. I lifted my head up and saw max and Jacob coming down the stairs. I smiled at them and they gave a smile back. Alex just growled. I smacked her arm then she growled at me. I backed up a bit since Alex can be very violent. max ad Jacob got to the bottom of the steps and walked towards us.

"morning girls" Jacob said.

"good moringing." I smiled.

"so we know that its boring down here s do you guys want to go upstairs to day?" max asked.

"yes!" I finally get to get out of here! I got up to run to the stairs but Alex held up her white board and I had to read what she wanted to say.

'what about lizzie?' she wrote and pointed to the name lizzie with a 'duh' expression on.

"don't worry lizzie's out.." Jacob told Alex after she started to write again.

' I really don't trust you asshole people' Alex wrote with an angrily expression on her face.

"ALEX!" I screamed. I walked back over to her and whispered in her ear. "play nice?" I pulled my head back so I could see her expression and what she was going to write.

'hell no' she smiled sweetly and rocked back and forth.

"your pathetic sometimes.." I whispered and I knew Alex herd is because she flipped me off.

I gasped and she pointed to the boys and took her hand and slid it across her neck as if she wanted them to die or something. I flickered my eyes over to the boys and they had their heads down. what's wrong with Alex! cant she be nice to people for once. I rolled my eyes a her and grabbed the collars of max and Jacob. they sprang to their feet and followed behind.

"wait.." max said and stopped which made me and Jacob stop as well. "Alex are you coming with us?" she shook her head right away like she didn't even give a thought into the question.

"can you please come Alex?" I asked her.

she again shook her head. I was about to say something else to her but max and Jacob walked up the stairs and I stood there on the middle step just staring at Alex. she was looking at me dead in the eyes. I sighed when she looked away. whatever then.. her loss to get way from that jail cell. I walked up the stairs and Jacob was waiting for me as max was behind the door. I smiled at them and Jacob took me over to the couch and turned on the tv. I looked out the window for a bit and saw some really dark clouds heading this way. I got a little worried since Alex is terrified of storms.

"Brit you ok?" Jacob asked I turned to him.

"y-yeah i'm fine.." I said and gave him a little smile and looked back out the window.

the dark clouds got a bit darker and moving closer to us. I then focused on the tv. I have no idea what we are watching but it shows really funny clips of people doing the dumbest things ever. there's some dude with brown hair that is standing on the stage which is a giant computer. there is two other hosts which is some blonde girl and only dude.

"whats this show called?"

"ridiculousness" Jacob replied never taking his eyes off the screen.

I sighed. I kind of want to do something else besides staying up here. i'm a bit bored but not as much as I was in the basement. I started to just watch the show again when I heard a loud crack of thunder followed by a bright flash of lighting. I got up fast and ran to the basement door when another crack of thunder echoed threw the house. I opened the basement door and rushed down the steps. I saw Alex hiding under a blanket and the blanket wa shaking like crazy. I ran over to her started to hug her. she was shaking really bad.

"whats going on?!" max asked coming down the stairs followed by a concerned Jacob.

"Alex is really scared of storms." I said hugging her.

I felt her try to wrap her arms around my waist but the blanket was in the way. I threw the blanket off and I saw the fear in her eyes. I hugged her as another crack of thunder went off and this time it made the power go out also because of the lightning. Alex let out a squeak of a scream and ran to the cornor of the room. I know that its dark down here but I still know where she will go if she gets scared. I made my way over trying not to bump into anything. I found the corner and Alex and sat next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her.

"shh its alright, its just a storm." I told her.

"i'm going to go find some candles and a flash light, don't go anywhere until I come back.." Jacob said. I nodded my head but then realized he probably cant see..

"alright" I said then looking down at Alex.

I could see from her head to just above her waist. she started to shake again when another grumble of thunder came. you could see the lighting coming from the tiny window at the top of the wall. I started to get a bit scared myself. we never had a storm this bad before. the wind started to pick up really fast. you could hear it hitting against the house along with the rain as it beat down on the house like it was hail of something.. another crack of thunder and lighting went off and that's when Jacob appeared at the door.. you only knew because you could hear the door creak open.

"ok guys I couldn't find any flash lights but I lit up some candles so come on up but stay close."

Jacob said I stood up and so did Alex. I tried grabbing her hand but she held onto the blanket that she couldn't. I heard her foot steps behind me when we walked up the steps following max and Jacob. we reached the top and max shut the door and we all followed close behind max who was in front of us. we reached the living room after slowly walking with are hands in front of us making sure there was nothing in the way. there was another loud crack of thunder followed by a very bright and loud lightning. it sounded like it hit something. I heard stomps but I figured it was thunder since a loud crak of it went off.

"alright sit around the candle so you have some light.." Jacob said while sitting down next to max.

"you alright Alex?"

I asked and turned to me left. I knew she was there because the blanket was there. a quarter of it was in the light but then rest was in the pitch black darkness.

"Alex.." I pulled on the blanket and it came to me.. weird I though Alex was gripping on it like her life depended on it..

"Alex?" I yelled a bit louder then the last time. I tugged on the blanket and it again came loose to me. what the hell?

"ALEX!"  I pulled the whole blanket in and there was no brown headed girl it..

"ALEXXXXX!!!" I screamed as another crack of thunder came.

"what's wrong?" Jacob asked.

"is Alex over there with you?" I asked quickly. he felt the space around him and so did max.

"nope.. why?"

"shit" I whispered..

Alex is gone.. she's missing...