chapter 17

Ryan's pov

tree after tree we kept walking farther into the woods, following a path that doesn't exist but I guess Tyler's mom knows the way since she was here once before. soon a lake came into view and we all stopped once we got to the shore line. Tyler's mom looked out into it holding her hand up to her mouth before removing it and speaking.

"out here.. in the middle of the lake.. a body was found. police men went out and got it and.. when they- when they came back, they set the body down on a gurney and looked at it. you couldn't even recognize the person but it as a girl.. with curly brown hair that died not to long before police showed up but to late to be saved.. they then took her to the hospital and got a blood test drawn. a week after this was broadcasted onto the news I got a phone call saying that I had to that very hospital.. and when I got there...." Tyler's mom had tears streaming down her face and couldn't even finish her sentence. Tyler and his dad were also crying to which made me start crying as well. "they told me it was my little baby!"

Tyler's mom said as she cried harder. Tyler hugged her with a thousand tears streaming down his face. his dad wrapped his arms around his family as they cried together. I whipped away my tears staring at them.. they didn't deserve this. not at all. I cried harder just picturing Mrs. Ryan getting the news about her daughter being found dead in the middle of a lake as she had been missing for 3 years. soon arms wrapped around me and we all stood there hugging for what seemed forever but we then broke apart all agreeing that we should go back. we walked are way back threw the woods and back up to the house were we found officers coming from in and out of the house talking to different police men. when we walked onto the dirt/rocky way, all the officers turned to our direction and looked at us weird except for officer Denis.. Tyler told me he has been here since day 1 with this search and everything. he was their when they discovered the body, he was the one that made the phone call to Tylers mom and I only knew that because she told us as we were walking back.

"why don't you boys go have a look around while I talk to the adults?" officer Denis smiled to us. we nodded our heads and headed inside, passing threw some police men.

"god it smells like ass in here.." Tyler said as he looked around. I turned to him and gave him a confused look.

"since when do you curse.. or know what 'ass' smell's like?" I asked with a little chuckle.

"I only curse when I mean it and I'm not even going to answer the other question" Tyler said as he walked off.

I followed behind him as we walked down some hallways. the walls were ripped and had holes in them. some of them left dents or you cold see the wood behind the poorly painted wall, but some you could see into the next room. we then found another basement and went down it seeing that no one has been down here yet. once we reached the bottom all I felt was ice cold all over me. it felt like I was standing in the middle of winter at night, in a blizzard, just wearing shorts and a t-shirt.. that's how cold it is..

"you can get hypothermia just by being down here for 5 minutes." Tyler nodded his head in agreement as he blew out air and watched as you could see his breath.

"wow" he said as he did it again. "we should go upstairs..."

I nodded my head and we ran back up the stairs shutting the door behind us so the coldness doesn't reach up here. we then looked around the house and just watched the police men take pictures of the house/cabin thing. soon then we all left to back to Tyler's house and give out more news to the other officer's that are still there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's pov

I opened my once again crusty eyes since I cried myself to sleep again last night. I was about to go back to sleep but then we took a sharp turn both ways and came to a stop. I opened my eyes and sat up and looked around. we were at a gas station.. lizzie got out and walked into the place with sunglasses on and a wig so no one would recognize her I guess.. then Britt woke up and looked around to confused.