chapter 21

Ryan's pov

I hardly slept last night due to Tyler's words. I thought he was the one who yelled at me for believing that Alexis was alive. I don't understand him sometimes but I guess I'll have to ask him when he wakes up. I turned over on the bed and saw him laying there still in a deep sleep looking like he isn't going to wake up soon. I sighed turning back around and trying to fall back asleep until I felt the bed move next to me and heard someone groan.

"what time is it?" Tyler asked. I looked over at him seeing him rub his eyes. I looked down at the watch I was wearing.

" 10:13" I answered adjusting the watch.

"a.m.?

"noo p.m. its just light outside since the moon is late"

he turned to me and glared at me before rolling his eyes and hopping out of the bed me doing the same. we walked down stairs to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I followed Tyler into the living room where his dad sat reading the newspaper with the t.v on. we both sat on the couch and watched the t.v until his mom called us to the table for briefest.

after we ate me and Tyler went upstairs to go change. Tyler told me to meet him downstairs when I was done since he wanted to go somewhere. once I was done changing I walked down stairs to find Tyler waiting at the front door for me. we both walked outside into the cold air of January.

"where are we going?" I asked wondering.

"you'll see.."

I nodded my head just looking at the houses that we walked past and the cars the drove by. then I realized that we were going in the direction of the cemetery. I looked at Tyler confused and I guess he saw my expression because he just shrugged his shoulders not saying a word about it. once we got to the opening of the cemetery I stopped walking but Tyler didn't. he walked right threw the gates and up the cement hill that led to different lots of gravestones. I shook my head walking behind him as he kept walking until he took a turn down one of the grassy lots and stopped in front of one and looked down at it. I walked over to him and looked at it and it was Alex's. I sighed knowing that we were going to talk about what he said last night. he pulled out something from his pocket and sat down in the grass in front of the tombstone. I did the same looking at what he had in his hands which was the photograph of him and Alex.

"what I told you last night was true.." I said softly.

"what did you mean by your in with Alex?" I asked getting that burning question out of my head.

"I meant that... I believe." he turned his head towards me looking in my eyes letting me know how serious this was for him. "this picture is what made me believe that shes alive. remembering how much of a strong little girl she was.. it just- I want to believe... and I do. now I do thanks to you and this picture." he looked down at the photo in his heads.

"are you going to tell her parents?" I asked looking down at the picture to.

"no"

he aswnsered quickly. I turned to him and gave him a confused look again. he shrugged shaking his head. maybe hes thinking that same thing I was in the car.. that if he tells hes going to get the picture removed from him and I bet that would tear him a part even though its only a small little photogragh yet it held a lot of emotions for Tyler. I still wanted to know the awnser as to why he wouldn't at lest show his mom the photo.

"why?" I whispered.

"because.. I just want to keep it to myself. I know that I tell my mom this she'll go crazy on me... she wont believe me and will just sit there yelling at me telling me over and over again about how Alex is dead and that will come back to who's 6 feet under ground."