chapter 12

i sat up againsted the cold wall of the basement. its been has been 2 weeks since I was whipped. and I am still in ton of pain.. its horrible. it was quiet thru the house since i couldnt hear footsteps up above me. the only sound that was heard was Britts soft snoring. i looked up at the window and saw little tiny dots weirly going down past the window, to the ground. its snowing! i totally forgot that its the first day of december.. i looked over at Britt and shook her slightly trying not to move to much since my back still hurts. i shook Britt i little harder since she wasnt waking up. i then shook her a bit to hard nd caused her to fall off the bed.

"ok.. OW!" Britt yelled as she stood up from the ground. "what did you do that for?"

i grabbed my white board that was right next to me and wrote down why..

'look outside its snowing!'

Britt looked the board confused before she looked up at theboarded up window and saw that it was snowing. a smile appeared on her face as she stared thru the wood and thick, crystal glass blocking the way. britt has always loved winter. I don't blame her I mean who doesn't love winter.. I would reather of summer though.

"I cant believe its already snowing.."

'but britt.. its the beginning of December of course its going to snow.'

I wrote that down then tapped Britt as she looks over at me. she reads what I wrote and shrugs her shoulders. "for Indiana it sort of is.."

I shrugged my shoulders with her. we do get a lot of snow around usually but I never get to see it since we have been locked down in a basement. I sighed as I lied slowly back down, looking at Britt who sill was looking at the window with a happy face. then my attention got caught at the footsteps coming towards the door. it also caught Britt's attention as she crawled over to me putting me behind her in a protective kind of way. the door rattled a bit before the knob opened and Jacob came into view. Britt growled a bit in the back of throat as if she didn't want to see nor talk to Jacob.. but I don't blame her. him and max are a total ass.. haha that rhymed.

"heres your briefest.. make it quick, were leaving in a half hour."

Jacob said in a low bored tone. he threw down the food and a water bottle as he slammed the door shut. I looked ovet to Britt as she looked at me. I nodded my head over to the food that was lying on the ground in a baggy. she rolled her eyes at me before puffing and climing off the bed to pick up the food. she looked threw the bag and made a disgusted face. she threw it at me before picking up the bottle and taking a drink of water. I also picked up the bag and incpected the things inside.. it looked like throw up in a to-go bag. I don't even know what it is, its all smushed up. I opened it up and smelled it. well it didn't smell horrible. I looked up at Britt who was already staring intensly at me and the bag of food in front me.

"does it smell bad?" she asked putting on the disgusted face once again.

I shrugged my shoulders smelling the content of the bag. Britt walked over and took the bag from my hands and smelled it for her self.

"good enough for me I guess..."

Britt stuck one of her fingers into the bag and grabbed some of the gooey sticky mush before bringing it to her lips. she chewed it a bit before swallowing. she 'hummed' before grabbing more and eating it. she looked over to me and looked back and forth between me and the food. she raised her eyebrows at me before passing the bag to me. I looked at it funny before grabbing some on my fingers and eating it. it tasty... weird? strange? some thing that my taste buds did not like. so I made the same disgusting face before waving my hand around for her to get the bag away from me.