chapter 14

i just stared out the window in confusion as more police men showed up and were driving around. lizzie was trying to be seen much threw the windows since everyone we passed was looking in them. I guess they weren't kidding when they announced that there was going to be a search going on.. maybe that's why were leaving? I know that lizzie knows about the whole search party thing for her so this has to be why were leaving town.

I really wanted to bang on the windows and get their attention but I couldn't.. 'Fred' was watching me intensely threw the review mirror that sat in the front of the car. I sighed as I looked back down at Britt. she looked dead. I poked her hoping that she was pretending to be sleeping but she just moved a little but it was from me poking her. I then shook her but she still wouldn't wake up.

"Alex, just leave her alone.. she'll probably wake up soon"

yeah probably.. I looked back at max since he had just said that. he was looking over next to him were Jacob sat. I drew my attention to Jacob to and he looked.. guilty? sad? I don't know maybe regret? what's wrong with him?? I guess max read my mind because that's what he asked next..

"you ok dude?" max sounded a bit worried

"yeah... i'm fine" Jacob replied with no emotion in his voice.. he sounded dull.

max left it at that with a shake of his head. I turned back around to leaving it all alone myself. I guess the only thing I can do now is just watch all of the houses go by and wait until we arrive at our destination. where ever it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brittney's pov

all I felt threw my body was pain, pain, and....... pain. it felt like we were moving as I opened my eyes and saw that we were in a car. I turned my head slowly and saw Alex staring out a window looking scared, confused and bored. how long have we been driving. I then looked up and saw max and Jacob sitting behind me. Jacob looked.. guilty? alright then... I turned back to Alex and tried to reached over and poke her to get her attention but it hurt so much so I lifted up my hand and let it fall onto the seat which hurt like a bitch. Alex looked over at me quickly and stared into my eyes. I knew that she saw the pain that I was feeling. she swallowed really hard before sitting closer to me and wrapping her arms gently around me as she hugged me. I would have hugged back but my whole body was sore. my head was the worst though.. it was pounding with pain.

"m-my head hurts" i stuttered as i weakly talked.

i put my hand to my forehead. my eyes moved from side to side really quick and i shook my head to make it stop. what's going on with me. soon we got off the highway and down some side streets and was on a trail in the woods. where are we? i looked over at Alex as she was staring out the window scared. i looked out the window as much as i could since i was hunched down between the seats. the car started to rumble underneath us as if we were driving on rocks and stones which i think we are because when we turned a bit, the wheels made a scratching sound. after about driving 5 minutes down the dirt, rocky road we came up to a cabin.. I gasped as memories flooded back into my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's pov

I gasped at the same time I heard Britt quietly gasp. memories came back to me from this place.. how could I not realize where we were going before?? this is the same cabin we escaped from a few years ago.. these are the woods that we ran threw to get away. this is place I basically said a word. the car came to a holt and lizzie climbed out of the car and opened my side door. she grabbed me by the hair and dragged me to the front door.

"I know for sure that you and that little shit aren't going to get away this time.." lizzie growled at me before unlocking the door and harshly tugging me in with her.