chapter 24

Alex's pov

I groaned and arched my back a bit before opening my eyes. I was in a bright white colored room with a very heavy blanket around me. please tell me that was just all a dream.. I looked around the room and noticed a machine that made a beeping noise every time I took a breath.. where am I?

I tried to sit but I was restrained back but wires that were hooked up to me. I groaned again before grabbing the wires and pulling them off my arm and hand. it hurt a lot! not even a second later a lady came in through the door looking frantic at me.

"no, no, no! you may not take those off I'm sorry but please keep them on" the lady said before patting down the tube wire things. "do you remember anything?"

I looked her in the eyes and then looked away towards the other side of the room. what did happen? all I remember was a gun shot and me blacking out.. and running.. then getting beaten by lizzie in the middle of the woods and staring out at the lake as I black out. and... Britt was missing. she was missing. SHES GONE! I started to breath heavily and the monitor thing started to beep really fast with me.

the lady hugged me and tried to pin me down to the bed. I started to cry and just stopped struggling to get out of the bed. the lady sighed before leaving me in the room alone crying. a few minutes later the same lady walked back in but this time with some guy in a long white coat. I looked at him from head to toe and he just smiled at me noticing my discomfort.

"so what happened a few minutes ago?" the man asked me.

"I asked her if she remembers what happened and she started to hyperventilate and then tried to get up from the bed." the lady explained.

"well, it seems to me that you remember what happened quite clearly. can you tell me what happened exactly?" the man sat down in a rolling chair scooting it closer to me and crossing his legs, setting his clip board on his knee. I shook my head no and he gave me a confused look. "why not? I'm not going to bit you know" the man laughed and the lady giggled but I just looked at them like they were crazy.. there was nothing funny. "listen honey... I just want to be your friend" the man went to grab my hand and I pulled it away as quick as I could and rolled my eyes at him calling me his 'friend'.

"are you deaf?" the lady asked putting her hand on her chest as if she cared. I gave her a crazy look and shook my head. she rolled her eyes at me and left the room.

"can you talk at all?" the man asked me. I looked at him sadly and shook my head no. "can you write?"

my face light up and he noticed it and I nodded furiously. he chuckled and handed me the clip board with a blank piece of paper.

"ok first question.. why cant you talk?"

'I got scared to talk so I quite talking.'

"why?"

'I just got scared of something'

"honey you can tell me anything.. I wont keep any secrets from you if you do the same to me" I shrugged my shoulders. "ok I'll give you time for that. so what's your name?"

I started to breath heavily again. what am I suppose to tell him? Jessica or Alex?? I didn't know what I was going to put until I flipped the board over to show him.

"so Jessica is your name"

ok I guess I put Jessica. I nodded my head and he gave me a small smile before he got up from his chair.

"alright.. that will be all today, may I have my clip board back please?"

he smiled down at me. I sighed and handed him back his clip board. he took it and wrote something down real quick and looking back towards me.