chapter 32

Alex's pov

we all stood their just looking at the officer. he came all the way into the room now with another officer. he pointed to the bed and told us to all go and sit on it. we did what we were told a bit scared though... why were they here? what did they want?

"your all probably wondering why we are here aren't you?" the first officer asked us. I saw Britt nod her head but I didn't do anything and neither did max. "to start off, your not in trouble... were here to talk to you about a girl named Alexis Ryan. do you know who she is?"

both officers looked all three of us in the eyes waiting for a response. I didn't no what to do.. tell them or run away... or hop away. I looked at Britt and she gave me a scared expression. I saw her look up a bit and I looked over to where she was and saw max giving us a fearful look to. I guess they want my permission since its me that they want?

"we don't know who she is but I have heard of her.. she's the one that went missing like 8 or 7 years ago wasn't she?"

max asked the officers as if he didn't really know who she was. but the officers didn't know that they were staring at her and I really badly just wanted to shout at the top of my lungs and tell them everything but I couldn't.. I didn't have the courage or voice to do it. the officers nodded their heads.

"then why are you asking about her now? she's been gone for that many years and that the fact that she was proven to be dead 4 years ago.." max said trying to make a point.

"yes but Mrs. Ryan wanted more answer's about her daughter and the lady who took you three is a suspect of the kidnapping of many kids, including Alexis"

I looked over at max hoping he had something else to say but it looked like there was nothing... no idea at all. I sighed an looked back at Britt. she shrugged her shoulders before clearing her throat and speaking.

"w-who else did the 'lady' kidnap?"

"well... there was another girl by the name of Jessica freeman." the officer awnsered crossing his arms.

"no one else!" Britt asked a bit angrily.

"I don't think so.."

"that's crazy! if you think she took like many kids why are you only naming 2 kids?!" Britt stood up and walked closer to the officers.

I reached out and grabbed her arm pulling it, trying to get her to sit back down. the officer she was speaking to looked a bit taken back by her sudden out burst of anger. she swatted my hand away from hers and I fliched back a bit... that kind of hurt.

"we don't quite yet miss but I will give you more information later since we will be here everyday with the Ryan family."

I looked up at the officer and I started to feel a bit anxious and nervous about seeing my mom and dad for the first time in years. plus if Tyler's coming I bet Ryan would be there to.

"well I'll be leaving now.. bye" max said quickly and then walking out of the room slamming the door behind him.

"when is her family coming?" Britt asked finally sitting back down.

"today possibly or tomorrow. we would like for both of you to talk to them but since we really have no more questions I guess we will be on our way" the second officer said. "but we would like your names first please" Britt nodded her head and told them.

"I'm Jordan" she said quietly. the officer nodded and then looked at me and pointed his pen at me. "oh! and she's Jessica" the officers looked at Britt confused.

"why did you say her name for her?" the first officer asked Britt with a confused face still. "I think she can speak for her self"

"no she really cant" Britt said seriously. I nodded my head as she said it.