53

Mondag 9:34

Luckily, Ansel had gone too far against our mother so he had not returned from the rest of the weekend only that had not stopped him from harassing me on the phone. Like most of my friends to be honest. Even William had sent me several messages to find out what was really going on since Chris did not seem to answer.

To be honest, I did not care what Chris could do right now. I was fucking nervous about him and it seemed that it was not about to change. Especially with the looks I was getting at the moment.

I had been on the brink of knocking two girls this morning because they had called me Chris's girl before starting to tell gossip in excitement. I did not even know how I had done to control myself at the time.

But I could already feel that I would enter a fight today. One way or another.

I had to endure the gossip about me in my first two classes and the looks Noora and Eva had thrown at me definitely helped. I had also managed to avoid them, but that did not stop them from wanting to get answers. Just like the rest of the boys.

Isak had been the most bearable about it but I personally knew that Jonas was really pissed about it. He actually thought I was going out with Chris and for some reason it had the gift of the upset at the highest point.

Anyway, I was trying as best I could to ignore most of the glances throwing at me as I was stepping through the corridor leading to my locker with my head held high. I was certainly not going to be overwhelmed by such gossip. I definitely had something else to think about. As my possible high school change.

In other words, I wanted even less to leave Nissens with what was happening at the moment.

People would take that as a sign of weakness. They would automatically think I had moved because I could not hold the rumors when it was just the opposite. That's where my fucking pride was spoiling me. Nevertheless, I could not stop thinking about moving because of my father. Not to mention my mother.

Things were fucking complicated again and I wanted nothing more than to find a hole to bury me and come back only once things were settled.

Unfortunately, my life was not fucking so easy and it would seem that it would only get worse as I soon found Iben hovering in front of my locker.

I was pausing to see the familiar back of the brunette by wrinkling my lips as I repeated to remain calm no matter the situation before resuming my stilted gait to my locker.

I did not even recognize the brunette as I walked past her to open the metal door with my suit before exchanging my books for the next class.

However, this did not prevent the brunette from speaking. On the contrary.

"So, I think congratulations are rigors, right?" She asked in a tone too sweet to appear sincere making me immediately frown.

I stopped halfway through my manual change to look at her with my jaw clenched. " What does that mean ? "

"Well for Chris and you." She said with a wide, smiling grin, making me clench my fist at my side as I tried to stay calm despite the anger bubbling along my veins. "I mean I thought you'd have at least a little more class than getting the rest of the rest but it looks like your so-called high standards are not that high."

"I was going to say the same thing to you, Iben. But I remembered that you never had a standard to start with." Suddenly a voice too familiar to my side amplified my anger since I did not need to be defended.

And not least not him.

Iben suddenly widens her eyes visibly caught off guard since I suspected the scene rather rare for most students of Nissens before she narrowed her eyes condescendingly on our duet. "Wow!