Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 17

Kitana

It’s been a few weeks since Avory and I made up. However, it hasn’t been smooth sailing. We’ve been arguing constantly. It seems like anything can start an argument. I can’t even have him around any of my few friends now. He’s been acting like such a jack ass.

We went to the beach last week. It was me, Devin, Sapphire, Jed, and some of Avory’s friends. My friends drove with me, and Avory and his friends drove behind us. After about an hour there Sapphire didn’t want to pee in the water so we went to the bathroom. And because we were gone for a little longer than the normal should be, which I would really appreciate if someone tells me what the normal time should be, when there is a long line for the bathroom, Avory decided he was going to come looking for me and start an argument with me because I quote on quote lied to him.

I was in the line to use the toilets with Sapphire, when he came up behind me and made a scene. It was probably one of the most embarrassing things that I have been through in a while. And I have had my fair share of extremely embarrassing moments.

Then, a few days later, because he was in such a crabby mood, he burst in on a dinner that I was having for my friend Terry. She was leaving for the rest of the summer on a cruise with her father. He made a scene, again, because I didn’t tell him what I was doing, and because Terry’s boyfriend Andrew was at the dinner. Andrew is Terry’s boyfriend and the only boy at the dinner. The rest of the 4 people that were there, were all girls. I had to take him outside, it was ridiculous.

Just yesterday, Sapphire was over at my house watching TV with us, when I offered her some grapes, and he got mad at me because I didn’t offer him any, and HE STARTED AN AGRUEMENT! So, today, I am making sure that I stay away from him. I really hope he doesn’t come over today.

It’s Saturday; I didn’t have any work to do, and last night the news called for beautiful weather with not a cloud in sight. So, naturally, I called Sapphire and asked her if she wanted to go to the beach, and obviously, she agreed. I got up extra early and packed clothes, and food for the long day. I mean it was only 5 when I started. It was about to be 6 when I was all packed and ready for the beach, I called Sapphire to make sure she was ready. Awkwardly I heard noise in the background, but I tried not to pay any attention to it. When I got to her house I realized what the noise in the background was and where it was coming from, as her little brother came running over to me as soon as I parked the car. “Oh please, please, please, please, please can I go with you two, Kitana? Summer is halfway over, and I haven’t done anything. The most action I got was two weeks ago when mom and dad finally let me go to the park by myself. I’m 10 and they act like I’m 7 and can’t go anywhere by myself.” For a 10 year old Sapphire’s little brunette brother thought he was an adult, but he was harmless.

I smiled at him. “Sure Sammy, you can come with us, but don’t forget your towel and sunscreen; your mom would absolutely demolish me if anything happened to you.” The smile that took over his face was enormous. Before I knew it he had all his stuff in the car and was sitting impatiently in the backseat, seatbelt fastened and everything.

“Sorry, Kitty, he’s been bugging me since he asked me last night why I was packing beach stuff. I told him to ask you; I felt bad,” she said as she walked up to me with a beach bag in hand. “Hey did I leave my shades in the car yesterday?” She asked confused.

“Yes; why yes you did. Does Sammy have his shades too? Does he even have any, or will I have to make a pit stop for something, besides ice?” I asked looking into the car at the little boy in the backseat.

“No, he’s got them. They’re in his bag.” With that I grabbed Sapphire’s bag and loaded it into the car.

Before long we were off to the beach. The rays of the sun were warm against my legs as I drove. Sapphire was in the passenger seat, clonked out. “So Sammy, why haven’t you been outside? The weather’s been really nice out.”