Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 9

Pretend the Charger on the side ---------------->

is shiney dark gray and not  shiney orange. I saw a dark gray one once before, and never again. I know the paint job had to have been custom :(

Chapter 9

Kitana

*Friday morning*

I don’t know why, but I woke up extra cheery, craving a Starbuck’s Frapaccino and Dunkin’ Donuts flatbread.

When I finished getting ready, I got in my car and started on my way for food before heading to work.

I pulled up at a red light and plugged in my IPod into the car. I wanted some happy, upbeat, cheery tunes, but what came out was not what I wanted; The Flaming Lips started singing.

Do you realize-

Oh, My God!! . . . I changed it to something more upbeat and party like, “The Jonas Brothers”. I yelped with excitement and started to sing along as I raised the volume. I love my system,I thought as I started to sing along as the song started.

I’m Hot, You’re Cold

You go around like you know

Who I am, but you don’t

-Damn, this light is taking forever-

I’m slipping into the lava

And I’m tryin’ to keep from going under

Baby who turned the temperature hotter?

‘Cause I’m burnin’ up, burnin’ up for you baby

I looked over at the car that pulled up next to me with envious eyes. Don’t get me wrong, my ‘Happy Graduation, I even got a system put in’ black 2008 Mustang GT, my dad got me was beautiful, but next to me was a black on dark gray 2008 Dodge Charger Daytona, the SRT8 series. It was so beautiful, I think I started drooling. I didn’t even realize I was staring. I was staring hard too, I wouldn’t have even noticed if any of the people in the car knew I was staring because the windows were tinted the darkest black.

I almost pissed my panties as the tinted passenger window began to roll down Oh, My God, Oh, My God, Oh, My God, they caught me staring. Oh, My God.

Once the driver was revealed my jaw dropped, it was Avory, “Green Light,” he said smiling toothily before he took off leaving me in his literal dust.

*        *        *

“So let me get this straight,” Sapphire said confused. “You let a guy THAT YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW! stay at your house last Friday? Then you saw him on Saturday at the park, which you still haven’t told me what you were doing there. And he asked you out to dinner for the next seven days? But, you only went out on Sunday, and it was, .  .  . awkward?” Sapphire asked a bit confused.

“Yeah, basically,” I said biting my bottom lip. I needed her advice. I knew she wouldn’t lie to me and she would tell me her honest opinion. But honestly I was afraid of her honesty. It was different telling someone else the stupid mistakes I just kept making. It was like I was living on the edge, slightly. I don’t really know why but I felt like I was just looking for the risky business that I kept finding.

“And, why didn’t you tell me this sooner?”

“I don’t know, it must’ve slipped my mind. I guess I forgot.” I said shrugging my shoulders. I did know why I didn’t tell her. I was afraid of her judgment. I truly was. She was my best friend and her judgment was the only one besides my fathers that was ever impressionable to me.