Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 16

Thank you Trich, for you were almost always the first person to vote on many of my previous chapters and I didn't get the notifications, but I did find this out in my email :)

I hope you all really enjoy this. THE LONG WAIT IS OVER!!!

But seeing as I've kept you waiting long enough. . . . 

Oh wait has anyone noticed how the songs that go along with the chapters actually serve a purpose? This said purpose; has anyone been able to foreshadow anything? Let me know :D

CHAPTER 16

I hadn’t heard of Avory for a couple of days. I was starting to get worried as I was driving to work on Thursday morning. My stomach decided to be an acrobat in a circus called my stomach. Needless to say I wasn’t feeling very spunky. At work Sapphire kept asking me what I was going to wear and what she should wear to Jed’s. By lunchtime I was feeling so sick that I actually threw up the bile in my stomach. There was nothing else in my stomach, I was too afraid to eat in the morning, for fear of this very event I was hosting in the bathroom toilet.

About two hours after our lunch break had been over Sapphire looked at me and told me the truth that I had been avoiding. “I think that we should cancel on Jed, sweetheart, you look like shit. You should go home and get some rest.” After saying this, Sapphire brought me into the bathroom, and took me over towards the mirror.

I looked at the sickly looking girl that was staring back at me. Her hair lacked any luster. It looked dry and damaged. Her skin was pale and pasty looking. She had bags under her eyes. Her lips were slightly chapped and ashy. This girl looked like she had been loosing sleep every night, for a long time. And to tell the truth I was. I would wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall asleep again.

My dreams were always so beautiful, though. A pale moon and a beautiful forest illuminated by it. However, every time I woke up, I wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep for anything. I looked tired; I was tired. I touched my cheeks. My hands were warm compared to my cheeks; they brought warmth and a rosy color that disappeared quickly when I let my hand fall from my face. The most vivid of all the sickly changes in my physiology were my eyes. They were so blood shot, there was barely any white’s in my eyes. This girl that stared back at me looked horrible.

I took Sapphires advice and decided to go home. Devin offered to bring me home. But once again, I denied his offer for a ride. When I got home it was 2 in the afternoon. I drew the blinds in my room and laid myself down under all the comforters on my bed and fell asleep.

I awoke to the door to my room closing. I lied in my bed for a moment, until I realized that my room door shouldn’t be closing because there shouldn’t be anyone in the house, besides myself. My mind began to race as I thought of crazy scenarios that could be taking place. Soon, however, these thoughts subsided with my feeling need to find out who was in my home.

Before I left my bed, though, my room door opened again and in stepped my father.

“It’s nice to know that when I leave on business trips my dear daughter doesn’t go around throwing parties. However, I do not appreciate her getting herself all sick in the beginning of summer after her senior year when she should be out having fun, before she goes off to college,” my dad said looking at me. “I’m sorry I’ve been away so long. It’s just hard for me to work at home. I’ve missed you so much. What I do is all for the wellbeing of your future. And I can’t keep trying if you go and get yourself all sick, and make me even more worried than I already am, when I’m just away from you for any period of time,” he said the last part hugging me. “I missed you so much, Banana.”

“I missed you too daddy,” I replied while returning his hug.

We stayed quiet and just hugged for a while. When we finally let one another go, my muscles were already getting a bit sore.